Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    205/45 or 215/40, but neither are within manufacturer ranges. +20 works on the rear only.
    Without excessive stretch like that what kind of tyres would I be able to fit with a bit more meat? Or are those the only ones that are likely to fit with that offset? Taking into account the guards are rolled and the car is lowered on Koni Adjustables / King competition springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroth View Post
      Without excessive stretch like that what kind of tyres would I be able to fit with a bit more meat? Or are those the only ones that are likely to fit with that offset? Taking into account the guards are rolled and the car is lowered on Koni Adjustables / King competition springs.
      Second sentence is correct. For a legal setup where you live, 8.5" wheels are likely pushing the limit.

Comment

Tire Load Rating

I'm looking to run stretched tires to get the desired look im going for although I also don't want to run anything super unsafe. My question is what is the recommended or minimum load rating that I can run on an e30. I know the contributing factors are the tire size and weight of the car/passengers/cargo although I'm not exactly sure how this would be calculated. I also know that the load rating should be somewhere between 70 and 110 and that these numbers correspond to weights. Are theft the same for the front and rear or would they be different due to weight distribution. Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by feef View Post
          I'm looking to run stretched tires to get the desired look im going for although I also don't want to run anything super unsafe. My question is what is the recommended or minimum load rating that I can run on an e30. I know the contributing factors are the tire size and weight of the car/passengers/cargo although I'm not exactly sure how this would be calculated. I also know that the load rating should be somewhere between 70 and 110 and that these numbers correspond to weights. Are theft the same for the front and rear or would they be different due to weight distribution. Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
          Very good question. Reminds me of a few years ago when a guy was showing me his freshly refinished staggered 17" style 5s on his E36 M-Tech. Looked great. But then I looked at the rear tires, which were severely stretched 205/40s (on a 9" rim). That alone isn't the end of the world, it was the load rating. 80. The tires weren't cheapies, they were BFGoodrich KDWs, but they simply weren't designed to be carrying 1/4 of an E36. I warned him that he needs to get off of those ASAP. He seemed to honestly take note of my words. Within 10 days he experienced a blowout, rear inner sidewall failure. Lucky for him he wasn't going too fast when it happened. Called me to say I'm a wizard and he'll never hesitate on my advice again. I mean I mostly got lucky on the prediction, but still, load ratings are nothing to fuck with.

I say 82 is the absolute minimum for comfort on an E30, stretched or not. 84 for an E36. Mostly my opinion based on experience in the matter, and still risky, as both are below the factory ratings for each car. But I've seen tires wear fine without surprises above those ratings, and have horrific blowouts below. Again, good question that many do not think about.

Comment

hi...

Will a BBS RS 17x8.5/9.5 et29 fit on a E30 M3?
            Any recomendation on tires?

Thanks in advance...

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Comment

Don't buy tires until you test fit them. Mahle's have very poor caliper clearance so check if you'll need spacers before you commit to a tire size - you may need to adjust it accordingly.

Thanks for the help Mystikal! I got the wheels in the mail and held them up to my hub, I couldn't mount them tho because the lug bolts were to small to even thread in but it seemed to clear the caliper ok. I am buying a stud kit from motorsport hardware and I'm also trying to rent a fender roller.
              After the roll, would you recommend the 195/55 or 205/50? I want it to be able to work as good as it looks because I'm auto crossing the car. I have ground controls with 500/700 spring rates, trying to be low and aggressive without rubbing or wacky camber.

Comment

Very good question. Reminds me of a few years ago when a guy was showing me his freshly refinished staggered 17" style 5s on his E36 M-Tech. Looked great. But then I looked at the rear tires, which were severely stretched 205/40s (on a 9" rim). That alone isn't the end of the world, it was the load rating. 80. The tires weren't cheapies, they were BFGoodrich KDWs, but they simply weren't designed to be carrying 1/4 of an E36. I warned him that he needs to get off of those ASAP. He seemed to honestly take note of my words. Within 10 days he experienced a blowout, rear inner sidewall failure. Lucky for him he wasn't going too fast when it happened. Called me to say I'm a wizard and he'll never hesitate on my advice again. I mean I mostly got lucky on the prediction, but still, load ratings are nothing to fuck with.

I say 82 is the absolute minimum for comfort on an E30, stretched or not. 84 for an E36. Mostly my opinion based on experience in the matter, and still risky, as both are below the factory ratings for each car. But I've seen tires wear fine without surprises above those ratings, and have horrific blowouts below. Again, good question that many do not think about.
                Thanks for the input! I actually looked in my owners manual and it recommends tires with a load rating of 82 for my 84' 318i which is on the lighter side (approx. 2300 lbs.) So if I wanted to live on the edge I suppose I could run something with a little less, maybe an 80 load rating. I'm sure the engineers who calculated that number use a factor of safety. But if I don't want to worry about it staying at above 82 is my best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by federal View Post
                  hi...

Will a BBS RS 17x8.5/9.5 et29 fit on a E30 M3?
                  Any recomendation on tires?

Thanks in advance...
                  Needs 10mm front spacers. 215/40 front 235/40 rear

Comment

Originally posted by macinnis View Post
                    Thanks for the help Mystikal! I got the wheels in the mail and held them up to my hub, I couldn't mount them tho because the lug bolts were to small to even thread in but it seemed to clear the caliper ok. I am buying a stud kit from motorsport hardware and I'm also trying to rent a fender roller.
                    After the roll, would you recommend the 195/55 or 205/50? I want it to be able to work as good as it looks because I'm auto crossing the car. I have ground controls with 500/700 spring rates, trying to be low and aggressive without rubbing or wacky camber.
                    205/50s. Good luck!

Comment

I know its probably been asked before. But dont want to look through the 500+ pages lol But I am lookin into wheels for my 84 318i. The wheels I am looking at are 15x8 and come in either et15 or et25. Which would fit best with out clearance issues and what tires would work best with those wheels? I was thinking 205/50-15's?
                      Last edited by ZomBAR15; 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to fit 25mm offset wheels on an IX. with maybe 215 size wheels. the wheels are apex arc-8's. And I wasnt able to find any other style 29 wheels in a higher offset. Would these be able to fit without alot of rubbing?
                        I spend 90% of my money and women, cars, and booze. The other 10% is wasted.

Comment

Looking on tire rack for 205/55 15, and there are 3...3! tire choices for that size. I was hoping to get something besides yokohama s drives since my last set didnt last very long at all.

Yikes.

Besides the yoko s drive and DZ102, what does R3v recommend?

Car:m20 daily driver, nothing crazy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looking to put some serious rubber on the ground on my track car,
                            Looking to run 245/45/16 toyo R888 all round, on a 16x9 et20 please let me know the issues I have 10mm and 15mm spacers at the ready, my guards are rolled and are going to get pumped. My car is running H&R race springs.

Last edited by jules325i; 09-12-2014, 03:33 AM.

329i

Comment

AC Schnitzer Type IIIs? Are they OE to an X5? I can't find much definitive information. 4x100 adapters make 18x9 work?

ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by ZomBAR15 View Post
                                I know its probably been asked before. But dont want to look through the 500+ pages lol But I am lookin into wheels for my 84 318i. The wheels I am looking at are 15x8 and come in either et15 or et25. Which would fit best with out clearance issues and what tires would work best with those wheels? I was thinking 205/50-15's?
                                15x8 +15 looks and works great with 205/50s.

Comment

Working...
                                X