Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dudecati View Post
    what is the widest tire you can put onto euroweaves? Just curious.
    225/45, 225/50

Comment

Wow, didn't know I could go that wide on them. Good to know. I was worried that I might pinch them too much in those widths but didn't really want a 15x8 wheel.

IF I went with a 205 would you suggest a 55 or a 50? Currently running on 195/65/14 weaves.

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      225/45, 225/50

Comment

Originally posted by dudecati View Post
        Wow, didn't know I could go that wide on them. Good to know. I was worried that I might pinch them too much in those widths but didn't really want a 15x8 wheel.

IF I went with a 205 would you suggest a 55 or a 50? Currently running on 195/65/14 weaves.
        They definitely bulge a bit but work well. I've been running 225/50s on 15x7 BBS RZ378s for 8 years now, even won a few auto-x events on them. 205/55 is closer to ideal but you'll find more impressive tire selection in 205/50, and it's acceptable to use.

Comment

Please forgive my lack of motivation for not looking through all 419 pages, but I just purchased a 92 318i vert. I plan on going low, actaully bagging it. I have noticed that the majority of the guys that have bags are running 16s, are there any guys out there running 17s that are bagged or ultra low? I get that its only a inch difference from 16 to 17, but that can make a huge difference. I want to go with 17s for the far more wheel options. Imput advice on going with 17s or 16s please.

Comment

Possible chance to pick up some Porsche fitment BBS RSs but wanted to check if they would even possibly fit before trying to but them.

Specs are 16x9 et28 fronts and 16x10 et23. Would these fit with adapters or would they have to be reworked for barrels and lips?

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

the setup:
              87325is, eibach race, bilstein sports. Beyern Mesh 17x7 et27

Currently have yokohama s.drive 215/40r17. I am looking at the new direzza ZII. do I keep the current 215/40r17 or go for a wider tire at 225/45r17?
              "Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                I dunno, I'd take a whole lot of OEM low offset wheels over those. But I see where you're going with it at least. :p
                LOL....... so what tire and spacer do i need?

Comment

I'm on the market for some Diamond Racing Steelies 15x8. However, I have a few questions before making the final purchase. The wheels I'm looking at will be 15x8all around, what will be an ideal offset without the need of any spacers in order to fit these vheels properly on my '89 E30 Convertible. Additionally I will be running 205/40 tire size. I'm sure I will have to roll the fenders. Let me know what you guys think as I want to fit these wheels without the need of spacers. I also understand that I will need a particular set of bolts as our wheels are hubcentric as opposed to these wheels which are lugcentric.
                  Last edited by e3089; 02-23-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Searched thru a bunch of pages in this thread- pretty sure the answer is "YES", but before I pull the trigger:

Looking to pick up a nearly-new set of TRM-C1's from another forum member who is going to bigger brakes that won't fit under 15's:

TRM-C1
                    15x8 ET20

Car is a '90 325i with Bilstein Sports and H&R Sport Springs. Will these wheels work with 205/50 or 205/55 without rolling lips or spacers? Appears that they will. Planning on adding IE sways in the future.

Thanks

Swen

Comment

Okay I never ever bought wheels for any of my cars. Always used the stock ones. I have 1991 318is and the wheel fitment is 14x6.5", ET30. Looking to get a pair after its paintjob but I just know nothing about besides the name is called BBS RS style.
                      -Yes I know please excuse my noobieness

What do I need to know If I want to get some BBS RS style rims like these regarding fitment/spacers or anything relevant..

Comment

Someone point me in the right direction I know its probably covered in this thread.. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirti View Post
                          Please forgive my lack of motivation for not looking through all 419 pages, but I just purchased a 92 318i vert. I plan on going low, actaully bagging it. I have noticed that the majority of the guys that have bags are running 16s, are there any guys out there running 17s that are bagged or ultra low? I get that its only a inch difference from 16 to 17, but that can make a huge difference. I want to go with 17s for the far more wheel options. Imput advice on going with 17s or 16s please.
                          It's just a small, older car so most people feel 16s look more suitable. No functional reason not to.

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
                            Possible chance to pick up some Porsche fitment BBS RSs but wanted to check if they would even possibly fit before trying to but them.

Specs are 16x9 et28 fronts and 16x10 et23. Would these fit with adapters or would they have to be reworked for barrels and lips?
                            Reworked, the offsets are too low.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyfan View Post
                              the setup:
                              87325is, eibach race, bilstein sports. Beyern mesh 17x7 et27

currently have yokohama s.drive 215/40r17. I am looking at the new direzza zii. Do i keep the current 215/40r17 or go for a wider tire at 225/45r17?
                              215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                                LOL....... so what tire and spacer do i need?
                                15mm spacers and 225/45/16 all around

or

20mm spacers and 205/50 or 205/45 all around

Comment

Working...
                                X