Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
    Currently I have 15x7 et25 on rear w 205/55 and no issues. So with the same tire on the new wheels I'm looking at fender rub due to offset/width and not diameter?
    No, due to both.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      Thank you.

I got it close.. I have brand new 225/50s in the garage.
      As I stated they don't fit. Not sure if that was clear.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedLimitless View Post
        That's what I was afraid of, they don't seem like they'd hold up. So I guess my move should be to get a set of these wheels at et10 and use a 10mm hub centric spacer, right? Seems like that'll be a stronger setup for track time.
        Those wheels fit 100x better at +10 anyways. Not sure why someone would aim for a 0 offset E30 wheel, they fit horribly and mess with the steering.

Comment

Originally posted by redreda1313 View Post
          So I'm fitting 16x8 e38 style 5s to my e30. Getting them redrilled to 4x100 and using 10mm spacers all around. The wheels are et23 and after spacers will be et13. I heard I will need to get extended lugs and was wonder if anyone knew what specs the lugs should be. Thread size and length. Hoping to get my car fitted for bimmerfest on May 23 and was hoping someone could answer asap. Couldn't find amything when searching. Thanks!
          Stock shank length is around 24mm. A 30-35mm bolt would work well. M12x1.5 60* seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Those wheels fit 100x better at +10 anyways. Not sure why someone would aim for a 0 offset E30 wheel, they fit horribly and mess with the steering.
            Noted, thanks. I was just going off what I had read. Saw some posts that +10 had caliper clearance issues, but wasn't sure.

As it turns out this doesn't matter anyway. I ran into a killer deal on Corvette Salad Shooters, 16x8.5 +32mm all the way around. Like basically free, so I'm going to run these with a 205/45-16 tire.

So any advice on how to space these out? I'm going the adapter route, from what I'm seeing it looks like a 20mm adapter I'll have a +12 all the way around. I know the front will fit fine and give me the fitment I want. Haven't seen anyone doing this on the rear though. EDIT: On second thought, maybe 18mm adapters are better? I don't want to be smashing my fender.

Thanks in advance!
            Last edited by SpeedLimitless; 05-21-2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedLimitless View Post
              Noted, thanks. I was just going off what I had read. Saw some posts that +10 had caliper clearance issues, but wasn't sure.

As it turns out this doesn't matter anyway. I ran into a killer deal on Corvette Salad Shooters, 16x8.5 +32mm all the way around. Like basically free, so I'm going to run these with a 205/45-16 tire.

So any advice on how to space these out? I'm going the adapter route, from what I'm seeing it looks like a 20mm adapter I'll have a +12 all the way around. I know the front will fit fine and give me the fitment I want. Haven't seen anyone doing this on the rear though. EDIT: On second thought, maybe 18mm adapters are better? I don't want to be smashing my fender.

Thanks in advance!
              18mm and 205/45s will fit like a glove.

Comment

I'm thinking of building some wheels which would be 17x8 ET20 Front on 215/40, and 17x9.5 ET20 Rear on 245/35. Due to the large tire size in the back, how much rolling/pulling would I need in the back?

The other option would be 17x8.5 ET 17 Front and 17x10 ET20 Rear, same tire sizes.

Thanks in advance!
                Originally posted by 36brua
                Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                Patryk:up:
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

i got a 92 vert on ground control touring kit with modified strut housings. I looking for the best tire fitment without rolling my fenders with Borbet Type B staggered wheels. My biggest concern are the tire sizes in the rear which are 16x9 et 15. Thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by 838Kelli; 05-23-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                    I'm thinking of building some wheels which would be 17x8 ET20 Front on 215/40, and 17x9.5 ET20 Rear on 245/35. Due to the large tire size in the back, how much rolling/pulling would I need in the back?

The other option would be 17x8.5 ET 17 Front and 17x10 ET20 Rear, same tire sizes.

Thanks in advance!
                    Rear tires way, way too big. Even with a flat fender roll 225/35s stretched would barely clear. +20 and that wide = 225 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by 838Kelli View Post
                      i got a 92 vert on ground control touring kit with modified strut housings. I looking for the best tire fitment without rolling my fenders with Borbet Type B staggered wheels. My biggest concern are the tire sizes in the rear which are 16x9 et 15. Thanks in advance.
                      205/45s. Fit perfect.

Comment

Thanks in advance!
                        Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        Rear tires way, way too big. Even with a flat fender roll 225/35s stretched would barely clear. +20 and that wide = 225 or less.
                        Jay, would that be for option 1 or option 2?

With option 1, would I be able to get away with a 235/40 in the rear and a 205/45 in the front? I know the tires would be slightly oversized and taller, but i've seen 235/40 on a 9 done quite a few times. With a bit more stretch on the tires on a 9.5 wide wheel, if the proper offsets were used to sink the wheel in a bit more, would this be doable (with a flat roll)?

Again thanks for your help!
                        Originally posted by 36brua
                        Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                        Patryk:up:
                        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                        08 VW .:R32
                        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I have one for you...
                          Later tonight ill be buying a set of the e30 fitment Apex Arc-8's which are 17x8 with a 25 offset I believe. As far as tire fitment goes, I know 215/40r17's fit without fender rolling (correct me if I am wrong) but I was hoping to stuff 235/40's on all four corners. Was just curious on how much fender rolling would be required in the front and back to fit a 235/40 on a late model s50 e30 (sitting on the eibach race and bilstein B12 kit suspension). I always have the 215s to fall back on if it will require a ridiculous amount of rolling/pulling, but I love the grip of the 235s. Let me know, Thanks!

Zach
                          CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
                          Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
                          -1984 325ei Lapis
                          -1991 325ix Diamond
                          - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
                          -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
                          -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Jay, would that be for option 1 or option 2?

With option 1, would I be able to get away with a 235/40 in the rear and a 205/45 in the front? I know the tires would be slightly oversized and taller, but i've seen 235/40 on a 9 done quite a few times. With a bit more stretch on the tires on a 9.5 wide wheel, if the proper offsets were used to sink the wheel in a bit more, would this be doable (with a flat roll)?

Again thanks for your help!
                            Both setups are well outside of the range of what works. 225/35 is the only choice.

If you want wheels wider than 9", 225 is your limit. If you want tires wider than 225, you need wheels narrower than 9.5".

Comment

Originally posted by zcenterb View Post
                              I have one for you...
                              Later tonight ill be buying a set of the e30 fitment Apex Arc-8's which are 17x8 with a 25 offset I believe. As far as tire fitment goes, I know 215/40r17's fit without fender rolling (correct me if I am wrong) but I was hoping to stuff 235/40's on all four corners. Was just curious on how much fender rolling would be required in the front and back to fit a 235/40 on a late model s50 e30 (sitting on the eibach race and bilstein B12 kit suspension). I always have the 215s to fall back on if it will require a ridiculous amount of rolling/pulling, but I love the grip of the 235s. Let me know, Thanks!

Zach
                              Just a basic roll front and rear is necessary. When I gave Apex those specs it was intentionally designed for 235/40s to fit with the least modification possible.

Comment

So after reading tons of posts looks like the biggest I can run on a 17x9 + 25 rear is a 255/40 and that is with a good roll and probably rubbing? I am so screwed my car is essentially pointless right now :(

I need like 265+ at this rate. Damn e30's
                                Last edited by bmk; 05-27-2015, 07:34 PM.
                                Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
                                Cab
                                billac: 92 LagunengrĂ¼n cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 LagunengrĂ¼n IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
                                : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
                                88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Working...
                                X