This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how polish/restore my BBS wheels?

Just picked up these RZs and I want to make them look like new again. How should I go about polishing the lips and addressing some of the areas pictured? I've never polished wheels before and I don't want to buy a product or do anything stupid that will damage them.

My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
      Just picked up these RZs and I want to make them look like new again. How should I go about polishing the lips and addressing some of the areas pictured? I've never polished wheels before and I don't want to buy a product or do anything stupid that will damage them.

You have to get rid the clear coat to clean those worm. After the coat gone, you'll need to wet sand it until its gone. Then you'll need to polish it with metal polish to make it shine. Those curb rashed can be fixed easily by manual grinder.

There are lots of detailed information of refinishing your wheels on the web. Good luck.
      sigpic

Comment

Found these today while looking through some old pictures. I drooled over them the day I saw them, and here I am drooling over them again!

BBS E30

DSCN0224 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

DSCN0223 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

DSCN0222 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

DSCN0221 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

DSCN0220 by ericandshovin, on Flickr
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

So old school it hurts. I remember the first time I saw some here, its what got me hooked on multi piece rims
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
          first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

How hard is it to source 16"BBS RZ323 caps ? I can find any that look close to my other on ebay. Can find them ON .de though. But dont know if I want to go threw the hassle.
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
              How hard is it to source 16"BBS RZ323 caps ? I can find any that look close to my other on ebay. Can find them ON .de though. But dont know if I want to go threw the hassle.

Large waffle + twist lock hex nut from RF/RG/RZ

See picture below. You need the two black plastic twist locks on the outside- NOT the center one. That is from 14" basketweaves.

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                Some RZ caps lock differently than the ones on the RZ323. You need BBS RG caps. They lock into the center of the hub. They are the same caps as E28 M5 and euroweave. I'm pretty sure that you need the one in the center of the picture that hexagone posted, not the ones at the left and right.

You can still get E28 M5 caps new from BMW.
                Last edited by mooseheadm5; 08-26-2011, 06:12 AM.
                -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by mooseheadm5 View Post
                  Some RZ caps lock differently than the ones on the RZ323. You need BBS RG caps. They lock into the center of the hub. They are the same caps as E28 M5 and euroweave. I'm pretty sure that you need the one in the center of the picture that hexagone posted, not the ones at the left and right.
                  I'm positive it's the outside ones.

RG caps also use the outside twist locks. In fact, I spent a considerable amount of time with one of the members on here looking into this matter- I just forgot his name. He has the black m-tech sedan with the blue m tech interior and RGs, and is from CA. He's got RGs too and can confirm.

Comment

Does the center hub of the wheel look like this?

That should be the wheel he is talking about.
                    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

+

Comment

The biggest problem with BBS RZ wheels is that they different RZ models have different center caps. The one like I posted needs the center lock twist cap, but if it has a groove cut around the raised hub portion, it takes the cap that hexagone shows. If you can post a picture of the center of the wheel then you can get a definitive answer.
                        -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by hexagone View Post

+

That cap is wrong. Mines like the center one in your previous post
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by mooseheadm5 View Post
                            Does the center hub of the wheel look like this?

That should be the wheel he is talking about.
                            That is the center
                            84 318I Delphin RIP
                            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

You can buy E28 M5 caps from the dealer then, but they cost about $60 each.
                              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

OK I thought so and IX caps are the same to right? real oem gives the same PN
                                84 318I Delphin RIP
                                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X