Touring Fuel Pump Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touring Fuel Pump Access

I need to drop my Touring Fuel Tank. To do that, I need to get to the fuel pump lines and wires. How do I pull the rear carpet up enough to do that? What do I have to take off to get to the Fuel Pump?

in a coupe or sedan you remove the rear seat. in a touring you take out the back half of the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
      in a coupe or sedan you remove the rear seat. in a touring you take out the back half of the interior.
      I don't see any fasteners for the seats. How do you get those out?

Comment

The upper side bolsters or squabs pull up/out, no fasteners. The seat backs flip down and allow access to the retainer pawls, and the seat bottoms unclip with a double ring pull type retainer once flipped up. You then have to remove the bar that goes across beneath the seat, and it is held in place by allen key tensioners, which when relieved allow the bar to not too gently slip out.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          The upper side bolsters or squabs pull up/out, no fasteners. The seat backs flip down and allow access to the retainer pawls, and the seat bottoms unclip with a double ring pull type retainer once flipped up. You then have to remove the bar that goes across beneath the seat, and it is held in place by allen key tensioners, which when relieved allow the bar to not too gently slip out.

Thanks. This is a big help. It doesn't sound that bad.

Comment

This is on my to-do list to actually do a picture DIY of, at first it I was scratching my head, even getting the allen bolts out of the bar, it wouldn't budge. For me, it was easier to start on the drive side, used my palm to whack it a few times, alternatively you could use a rubber mallet.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
            X