X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
    Still waiting on the headliner to get back but here are a few more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Lookin' great. What'd you end up doing for the headliner?
    '89 318i Touring
    '90 Miata

Comment

Took it in today but the guy who was working on it didnt show up today

Comment

Took it in today but the guy who was working on it didnt show up today
        Bummer. Is it being recovered in the same type material/color as oem?
        '89 318i Touring
        '90 Miata

Comment

kind of. It looks very similar. you cant get the original material that I know of. Im just getting it redone in a grey/silver color. The original color is that off white color but doesnt go with the rest of the car. Not sure why they do that

Comment

kind of. It looks very similar. you cant get the original material that I know of. Im just getting it redone in a grey/silver color. The original color is that off white color but doesnt go with the rest of the car. Not sure why they do that
            Yeah the headliner color choice was a weird one. I keep thinking i'll do something slightly darker when I get around to it this spring
            '89 318i Touring
            '90 Miata

Comment

I will post up some pics when I get it back

Comment

I bought mine as a complete kit from Sskoda from here. Finding one seperately seems to be very hard. look up a place called quarry motors in naples florida. they import a lot of tourings as well as a lot of euro parts and I heard a few weeks ago they had a container of parts on its way from europe
                I see these things continually, so I'm fortunate enough to see these in person. Neil the owner is a real nice guy and has helped me out on many occasions for parts.
                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

The red 324td is all but on the way to the new owner in CA, the blue 320i now lives in NY somewhere with someone on r3v, and the silver 318i now lives in TN with r3ver Heitzke (and yes, a scooter fits just fine).

In the case of E30 tourings, parting really does make the heart grow fonder. I'll get another one some day.

Comment

That will be a nice Touring when finished! Was there much rust to be repaired before painting? In addition to the normal areas (bottom of fenders and doors, rockers), mine has a surprising amount of rust in the rear wheel wells. Thankfully, the rear hatch is rust free.

Cory

1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

Yea some in the rear quarters that was completely removed and repaired. They did a really nice job of removing it, repairing it, and undercoating everything so it wont return and also the battery box they patched up a bit. Not the best repair in that area but completely neutralized and undercoated.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        The red 324td is all but on the way to the new owner in CA, the blue 320i now lives in NY somewhere with someone on r3v, and the silver 318i now lives in TN with r3ver Heitzke (and yes, a scooter fits just fine).

In the case of E30 tourings, parting really does make the heart grow fonder. I'll get another one some day.

Haha I love that picture of the scooter in the back

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                        That will be a nice Touring when finished! Was there much rust to be repaired before painting? In addition to the normal areas (bottom of fenders and doors, rockers), mine has a surprising amount of rust in the rear wheel wells. Thankfully, the rear hatch is rust free.

Cory
                        Haven't found all that much on mine yet. Just started really knocking around yesterday. Little rust on bottom side of the hatch, bit underneath the rockers, and bottom of the fenders (that was already sealed).

Only thing I could tell was rusty in the rear so far has been the fuel line evap cover thing. Basically disintegrating in the passenger rear. I need to poke around some more... but I sorta don't want to
                        '89 318i Touring
                        '90 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
                          Haha I love that picture of the scooter in the back

Haven't found all that much on mine yet. Just started really knocking around yesterday. Little rust on bottom side of the hatch, bit underneath the rockers, and bottom of the fenders (that was already sealed).

Only thing I could tell was rusty in the rear so far has been the fuel line evap cover thing. Basically disintegrating in the passenger rear. I need to poke around some more... but I sorta don't want to
                          You should try putting a large unwieldy object in the car, it's super fun!

Do check for further rust ASAP, after all, it won't be any cheaper to repair later on and can cause more issues in the interim.

Rust is the enemy!

Pics of rear self leveling system and the balls (accumulators) a goofy rare option as far as I can tell:

Comment

^ Thats so bad ass
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

those accumulators and shocks are pretty stout components. the weak point in the system is the electronics and lines. the spare tire area usually rusts out around the lines leading out from the accumulators.
                              -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
                              -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Finally picked it up from the upholster and the headliner looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X