License Branch Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Branch Failure

I have failed Round 2 with my opponents at the License branch. Here's what has happened so far:

1.) Called the state office and got a list of the items necessary to license my imported Touring.

2.) Went to the License branch with the above items and was told that I also needed a translation of the title.

3.) Went back to the license branch with the Title translation and was told that they needed a different translation (!). This new translation has to have a statement with it that promises that the translation is accurate and unbiased. It also has to be on the company's letterhead.

This is not my first battle with the license branch. Their goal seems to be to send you home to go get more stuff and leave them alone. But, I will not be defeated.

You need a certified translation, there should be a list on the site for your licensing branch, or they should give you an acceptable list.

Comment

I'm not worried about the translation. I have ordered one from a place they have recommended. The problem is that that every time I go in there, they make up a new requirement that is not written down anywhere that I have to comply with.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
        I'm not worried about the translation. I have ordered one from a place they have recommended. The problem is that that every time I go in there, they make up a new requirement that is not written down anywhere that I have to comply with.
        The guide at the top of this section covers everything they might need, as there just aren't any further documents you could give them that could be legally relevant. I may edit it with a list at the top of the guide if a list does not already exist.

Comment

Success!

My third trip to the BMV has resulted in a Title and and License plate. I finally got a sympathetic supervisor who worked with 2 other people for over an hour to get this done.

I'm Legal!

Comment

Awesome, grats!

Comment

Just picked mine up today. Can’t wait to go through the dmv process haha.

Comment

Failed on my first attempt today. I have to have my title translated and have to have an officer verify the vehicle now.

Comment

I tried translating my title using Google Translate. The license branch wouldn't accept it. They required a professional one. I used RushTranslate. They were the cheapest and only took 24 hours to do it.

Comment

Successfully registered the touring today! I ended up paying for translation service that complete the work in a few days time. $100 per page and they give me a discount so it was 156 for two pages.

For Michigan: I had all 5 import documents given to me by the importer (listed on the SOS website), Translated title (I used 7C Lingo based in Lansing), Bill of Sale and Proof of Insurance.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                    X