Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone upgraded their Touring’s stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone upgraded their Touring’s stereo?

Definitely would like to see what you did. Any tips etc. I am still learning my way around the audio in these cars. Is there an amp somewhere?

The Blaupunkt Bremen is period-correct.

Some cars had Premium Sound System with an amplifier.

Comment

It's possible that some tourings had amps, but I have yet to see one in place. Perhaps one of mine had a bracket for one in the left rear storage area.

Mounting rear speakers if your car does not have them can be difficult as the original system uses a complex mount to fit the space.

Comment

My car has the kick panel speakers, tweeter pods and the tiny rear speakers just behind the back seat. It doesn’t have the original head unit and I don’t know if it has an amp or not.

My goal is to change the head unit, add component speakers for the front and also a powered 8” subwoofer behind the front passenger seat so that I can easily disconnect and remove it if kids are going to ride.

Comment

My buddy and I have been installing the Becker Indy’s in all the E30’s. They’re period and look great. You can hack the startup screen to include the BMW logo. The 7950 is ideal, but have used the non-Pro too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Thumbs up for the Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 DAB, not cheap but a beautiful period correct bit of kit.
            Belgian E30 Driver
            /
            //
            1990 - E30 - 318i Cabriolet Brilliantrot
            /// 1988 - E30 - 320i Touring Diamantschwarz (Sold)
            /// 1990 - E30 - 318IS Coupé Lazurblau

Check out my Rare BMW Music Edition Cassettes Topic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              My buddy and I have been installing the Becker Indy’s in all the E30’s. They’re period and look great. You can hack the startup screen to include the BMW logo. The 7950 is ideal, but have used the non-Pro too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you have the screen to display the BMW logo......?

Comment

Working...
              X