What am I getting myself into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
    Nope. Being creative doesn't mean it looked good. Totally threw off the proportions of the car, IMO.

The low thing was one thing. Looked good, great even. Low e28s look damn good, I own one.

Chopped topped e28s? Meh...like I said above, screws with the lines of the car.

Mike did some creative stuff, but not really. It's all been done to old ass American cars. He just took it into a new realm. Props for that. I'm generally a supporter of Rusty, but when it get's people wanting to take nice, well bodied e28s and cut them up, no.

Get a derelict 528e, or a rusted out 535. Something that would be going in the junk heap after one is done playing and moves on to another trend.
    i will agree that in the rusty build thread... the car looked amazing the day he bought it..

but he did something that is differnt and out of this realm... which is why its so famous..

but there is nothing wrong with having a good base... trying to find a junker with a clean original body is near impossible...

i understand that its annoying becuase its an older car and its kinda annoying to see some of the things people do because it is only making the clean cars rarer..

but look at what those guys do to those classic american cars.. and they only gettign rarer by the day...
    1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
    1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
    1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
    guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
    Originally posted by ak-
    Must of slid into Rob

Comment

It's an 80s car, there are tons of them and they're cheap. Hang around people with real actual rare cars and you'll realize it doesn't matter what you do to an e28.

Comment

^----I'm sure people said the same thing about their classic muscle cars back in the day, but you look at them now, and only the well kept originals (or close to original) are worth anything anymore

I would like to use a 23-Window VW Bus as an example (not a muscle car, but a perfect for this), those things go for bank. But I wouldn't look a second time at one with a chopped top, or alteration to the windows at all
        Last edited by Hey_You; 04-04-2012, 02:37 PM. Reason: Can't spell for shit
        85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Please don't make one into a rusty rat rod.
          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Working...
          X