First e34. Couple of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First e34. Couple of questions.

First, what seats bolt in? I have leather comfort seats up front. I'd like to replace them in the future but don't know what will and won't fit.

Also - what are the "go-to" tail lights for these? I'd like to get rid of the amber - either with all red or smoked - and MAYBE red and clear.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

^Also curious as to what seats bolt up. I'll ask on Bimmerforms and report back.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Only seats that bolt in directly are E32, but you can find sport seats from an M5.

Not much for tail lights other than eBay. I red-ed and smoked mine myself with VHT nightshades.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        Only seats that bolt in directly are E32, but you can find sport seats from an M5.

Not much for tail lights other than eBay. I red-ed and smoked mine myself with VHT nightshades.
        Have pictures?
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Get floor plates from VAC with sliders and put after market seats in.

Founder @ Maintenr. Take control of your vehicle maintenance.

Comment

Yeah the e34 seat mounts are a little weird, you either have sport seats or custom mounting options (including VAC stuff mentioned above, a bit pricey though IMO).

I think smoked lights look good on some colors, my m5 has smoked lights made by Hella, which are becoming pretty hard to find. They have a different look that normal smoked lights because of the clear/grey center lights.

e34 m5 4 by jbraswell, on Flickr

I sprayed these red with Testors candy apple and then cleared over them a few times. They looked awesome in person

DSC_0163 by jbraswell, on Flickr

I titnted these with over reduced black base coat, and then cleared over them a lot. I wouldn't recommend VHT. Actual clear coat is sooo much nicer

DSCF2561lg by jbraswell, on Flickr
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Those all look awesome. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Abraham Motorsports also has some tail lights among some other e34 stuff. I opted for the clears. Not the best photo, but you get the idea.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
                Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Working...
                X