WTB e28 Speed Sensor for 3.25 diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB e28 Speed Sensor for 3.25 diff

Disregard post.... I should have spent more time checking part numbers before I assumed I needed new parts. My speedometer works again.

I swapped an e28 3.25 LSD into my e30, but the diff I purchased had a smashed speed sensor. I am looking for a working speed sensor (impulse sender) from an e28 diff so I can have a working speedometer and avoid getting a speeding ticket.
    Last edited by Andy.B; 06-16-2014, 06:23 PM.

Bump for a working speedometer! Ready to send prompt payment via Paypal.

Comment

I thought those speed sensors are all the same, since they read speed of axle, so diff ratio doesn't make difference...

Comment

My understanding is that the e30 sensor is not long enough to reach the e28 diff tone wheel.

Comment

After a second look, I think I am mistaken. The back story is that I got an e28 diff and an extra e30 diff cover install a new bushing in ahead of time to make the swap quicker. I know see that there are two different speed sensors used in the e30, depending on year. I will swap the sensor from my old diff in to see if that solves the problem.

My eta manufactured 10/86. So it should have sensor pn: 62161369906, the same pn as 5 the 3.25 diff in 5 and 6 series. I suspect that the spare cover I swapped in had the wrong speed sensor for my production date.

Comment

Yup... My old diff had the correct sensor. I swapped that, and I have a speedometer again. Realoem is an invaluable resource for these cars. I wish I had checked it first.

Comment

Working...
            X