Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 alarm

this is nice...

So i have a 1995 540i/6. I just recently replaced the drive door lock actuator as it was not working (had to lock the doors manually from driver side everytime). once i fixed that i replaced the batteries in the keyless remote (3 button integrated into the key) and re configured the remote to work.

So now all of that works, the problem is about 1 minute (maybe less) after you lock the car with the keyless remote the alarm will start to go off.

Any suggestions? I have already unhooked the hood sensor and that did nothing different. I have also hit the lock button 3 times which should disable the tilt sensor (is there any special alert the car gives when this works?) and no difference.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

What key type is (any reference photo?).

AMy guess the key is working as you press the lock/unlock right? Youg ot a spare button that activate the passive alarm? The led in the center vent grille, on the dash tilt?

You say the alarm will go off....that means it won't make any noise (hunk/horn)?
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

bad door pin, trunk pin, or the mirror is disconnected/swapped to an EC mirror?

Comment

What alarm, stock?

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yes, he has a 95 with the integrated alarm. they are also integrated into the mirror, so if he has the wrong mirror or swapped to a later mirror or the connector got dislodged... instant alarm malfunction.

My money is on a bad door pin or trunk pin though. Both Rears are one circuit, and front right and front left have their own circuit, as do trunk and hood.

Wonder if OP gets "LIGHTS ON?" immediately when he turns off the headlights or if the interior lights come immediately on when he turns the ignition off after the lights were on instead of waiting for the door to open first.
          Because the GM has control over the interior lights and times them out, it can sometimes be "not obvious" if in fact a door pin has failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Onizukachan View Post
            yes, he has a 95 with the integrated alarm. they are also integrated into the mirror, so if he has the wrong mirror or swapped to a later mirror or the connector got dislodged... instant alarm malfunction.

My money is on a bad door pin or trunk pin though. Both Rears are one circuit, and front right and front left have their own circuit, as do trunk and hood.

Wonder if OP gets "LIGHTS ON?" immediately when he turns off the headlights or if the interior lights come immediately on when he turns the ignition off after the lights were on instead of waiting for the door to open first.
            Because the GM has control over the interior lights and times them out, it can sometimes be "not obvious" if in fact a door pin has failed.
            Agreed, bad pin or General Module malfunction. Almost sounds like the domelight timer causing grief.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

back from the dead!

I just didnt use the alarm for 2 years... but now I am trying to sell the car.

So, I just replaced both passenger side lock microswitches, sometimes they would not lock the doors. I have been using the alarm regularly over the past few days and havent noticed it being activated, but today the security guy at work told me it was going off earlier... so back to the drawing board.

You guys brought up some questions. To my knowledge it is the OEM mirror, it certainly looks the part.

When i turn my key off the interior lights come on. If i shut the car off with the headlights on i dont get the lights on message until i open the door. Any more tests I should do? i dont think it is the driver door at the very least.

thanks
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
              X