rear window questions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear window questions???

so my friends e28... both back windows dont work.... but i think the passenger one just fell off the rail. but the driver window is fucked up. and i think its the motor. but i have no idea how to change it. so any advice on changing it. or any good cheap shops that can do it. because my friend might just pony up and go get it done.
    1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
    1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
    1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
    guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
    Originally posted by ak-
    Must of slid into Rob

It's not uncommon for the adhesive that holds the bottom of the glass to the rail to fail. You'll need to find a strong glass adhesive.
    Swap a working window switch with a non-working one to determine if it's the switch or motor.
    Rear door panels are easy to remove - unscrew the pull handle & door lock, slide off the surround at the handle, gently pull loose the lower part of the panel, unscrew the upper part. Be sure to secure the vapor barrier well to keep water off the cardboard part of the panel when you button it up!
    Factory shop manual here - see section 51:
    http://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/137en/index.htm

Comment

i swapped the non working switch with a working window switch and the window still didnt move. thanks for the advice. any experience with window motors? i am more than mechanically inclined and confident in my skills to tackle this project myself. that diagram doesnt seem too difficult. thanks for the advice. i just didnt know if window motors were one of those weird spcialty jobs that required special tools.
      1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
      1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
      1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
      guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
      Originally posted by ak-
      Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by M20_fiend View Post
        i just didnt know if window motors were one of those weird spcialty jobs that required special tools.
        Nope, not really. Gotta love e28s!
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Make sure you're getting power to the motor. If you need a replacement check this link for guys parting cars or put a Want To Buy note out:
          http://www.mye28.com/viewforum.php?f...226fc44143c624

Comment

did you check the Lock out switch? Also I have a bunch of these in my parts bin workikng $20 a peice.

Comment

Working...
            X