E39 528i Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 528i Wagon

So I got this issue with the e39 2000 528i wagon I just got it hesitates at idle bad, and on take off. Other than that it rides well and good mileage. I put it on the scanner and it states miss fire on all cylinders. I checked for spark its there, I still changed all spark plugs and coil packs. I then got a fuel trim issue which is at times related to 02 I changed both still same running condition at idle. I then started to think its the cat did that still same issue.

At this point I did all the above and even did new cats, I did compression all good. The only other thing I can come up with is vanos? any ideas? have you had a similar issue? etc? any help would be nice before I tear apart...
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

I hear cam positions sensors are a very common issue on those motors.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I will look at that thanks.

Comment

I bet that is the problem a very easy fix.
        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
          I bet that is the problem a very easy fix.
          I hope it is. What sucks is the codes don't show. I will do them tonite and see what happens thanks guys...

Comment

check for vacuum leaks. you may need to replace the oil seperator too.
            sigpic
            327is
            325es
            325es
            318is
            Fiesta ST
            E46 M3

Comment

Vaccum leak would not make sense do to random misfire appears on scan tool. Now oil seperator is good part to look into. I also checked 02 sensor with propane tank just a simple test nothing happen,so now I also suspect pre and post do to I did the test on both air ducts. I will now do a probe testing at the 02 and see reading should have a good wave pattern from about .2V to about .8V and back.

Any other person have similar issue....any advise helpful thx.
              Last edited by downernsp; 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Problem solved it was a vac leak WTF!! It was the throttle body intake boot. I guess it slipped off somehow. I notice it by the lip of throttle body which was showing,and I think is the cause. The desing of the location where boot wraps on throttle body is only as wipe as the clamp it self even I bit smaller I would say. Therefore, when one tightens the clamp boot slips off not enough surface there to clamp correct. Car is runing nice and smooth now. Sorry for crapy cell pic. I will be posting an into and future mods soon. Thanks to those whom help

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by downernsp View Post
                  Vaccum leak would not make sense do to random misfire appears on scan tool. Now oil seperator is good part to look into. I also checked 02 sensor with propane tank just a simple test nothing happen,so now I also suspect pre and post do to I did the test on both air ducts. I will now do a probe testing at the 02 and see reading should have a good wave pattern from about .2V to about .8V and back.

Any other person have similar issue....any advise helpful thx.
                  Vac leaks will certainly cause misfiring, so will improper fuel pressure. Vanos will not.
                  Cam sensors should set a code if malfunctioning

Comment

Working...
                  X