Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 swap into E28 528E

Hey guys,
    looking into Swapping an M30 into my e28 eta. I am looking for parts. if you know where I can buy them. please let me know. Also, a list of part that I would need for the swap.

Thanks
    Steven

Search for parts and previous posts about the swap at http://mye28.com/

Comment

jUNKYARD.

pull from a 735i e32. or a e34 535i. u need the motor (obviously). m30 manual trans. m30 manual driveshaft. b35 wiring harness with ECU. and the b34 arms. but u need the one sided adapter plate to get the arm to fit on the motor. b34 shifter plate. and i believe u need the b34 fan clutch. b35 radiator. this is all off the top of my head. but thats most of it.
      1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
      1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
      1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
      guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
      Originally posted by ak-
      Must of slid into Rob

Comment

I have the ECU and the AFM for the swap. Let me know.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
        Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

As Robtintin says. You will need to cut out then reweld in the Bracket for the Airfilter on the Left side,and then the coolant tank on the right side.

You do know they have a 535i right?

Also your Booster is a different type.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
            As Robtintin says. You will need to cut out then reweld in the Bracket for the Airfilter on the Left side,and then the coolant tank on the right side.

not correct. there is just no mountiung point, which can be drilled to accomodate the b35 airbox. i just picked up a b35 airbox, and i just had to do some work on the existing bracket. a b35 swap souuld be cake in an e28.

sigpic

Comment

I have two M30b35s FS
              PM or e-mail if interested

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                not correct. there is just no mountiung point, which can be drilled to accomodate the b35 airbox. i just picked up a b35 airbox, and i just had to do some work on the existing bracket. a b35 swap souuld be cake in an e28.

The B35 boxes suck, They are huge. they are useless. A B35 Swap is cake in a M30 car,not a M20.

Comment

not a hard swap, just need a harness adapter and an adapter plate for the psgr motor arm because the b34 and b35 blocks are physically different. just finished up this exact swap last week. everything besides the physical motor needs to be sourced from some sort of m30 e28 though (including radiator). need to save your eta fan/clutch though.

we strapped the expansion tank to the old airbox bracket and cut the old expansion tank hose to work with the b35 thermostat housing. ran an insulated battery wire from the positive connectors around the bay to the battery and also extended the starter cable. moved the coil to the old exp tank bracket and ran a cone filter right off the afm to make it easier.
                  1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                  1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

If you find a B35 from a late E24 it will have the right bosses..

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
                      The B35 boxes suck, They are huge. they are useless. A B35 Swap is cake in a M30 car,not a M20.
                      How do you figure B35 airboxes suck?
                      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Working...
                      X