Stroker E28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stroker E28

Hey guys i have started collecting for my E to I head conversion for my e28. So far i got the main parts like

-Head
    -Intake Manifold
    -Wiring Harness
    -I pulley
    -I starter
    -Thermostat Housing
    -173 DME
    -M50 injectors (GreenTips)
    -I fuel Rail

Thats what i got so far. If you guys have any suggestions regarding to the stroker i would appreciate it. Just seeing if i should do anything special. And to see if i should do anything or check anything before i assemble everything so i dont have to take it apart again . lol Thanks guys. lmk! or if any of you guys have parts that i should consider gettin .

1987 528i Royalblau

I dont see M30 on the list..Sorry, saw my chance to say that first! Some stuff on your list is the same for all M20s and when those parts do vary its more because of production date. Example, All M20 starters are interchangable, the later ones are smaller and lighter but not because they came off a "325i". If the M50 injectors are a hot item, I would resell them.. as the stock injectors can support more horsepower than an M20 can make without nitrous or boost. What is the production date of your car? If its a SETA you only need to change the cam, springs,intake manifold, TB and DME (and maybe some small items to do with the different TB and rubber boot). Also if its a SETA..B35 swap is relatively easy and MUCH more gain. And if you are wondering, Ive built and had both.

Comment

Originally posted by JW767 View Post
      I dont see M30 on the list..Sorry, saw my chance to say that first! Some stuff on your list is the same for all M20s and when those parts do vary its more because of production date. Example, All M20 starters are interchangable, the later ones are smaller and lighter but not because they came off a "325i". If the M50 injectors are a hot item, I would resell them.. as the stock injectors can support more horsepower than an M20 can make without nitrous or boost. What is the production date of your car? If its a SETA you only need to change the cam, springs,intake manifold, TB and DME (and maybe some small items to do with the different TB and rubber boot). Also if its a SETA..B35 swap is relatively easy and MUCH more gain. And if you are wondering, Ive built and had both.
      yea iv thought of an m30 swap. But i am on a budget, just want something simple thats not gna cost me alot of money. One day il go b35. but also .. with the gas prices now a days i dont think id be able to afford it. i jst graduated HS. Looking for stable job then to college. M30s is something id do down the road. Thanks!
      oh my car is an 87. No seta stroker fooo mee :(

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

I got ~26 highway to and from the Vintage on my B35'd e28. This is with a hot air intake, 87 octane, exhaust leaks, headers, and no cat.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

get an 88 528e block
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            get an 88 528e block
            Yeaa im thinkin about. :/ How did yours turn out?

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

Upgrade diff as well. A 3.73 will suit well.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                Upgrade diff as well. A 3.73 will suit well.
                already planning on it :)

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

3.0 m20 FTW....
                  1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                  1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                  1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                  guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                  Originally posted by ak-
                  Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robotin View Post
                    3.0 m20 FTW....
                    haha rob id be down for that one day. well if i was gna do that might as well go b35.

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

i have been lazy. need to finish painting the engine bay. just picked up a dedicated hvlp gun for primer
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X