m30 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 heads

Are the late model e28 and e34 m30 heads the same? Found a rebuilt 88 535i ( e28 ) head and I have a 90 535i. Wouldn't mind picking up this head if it would swap directly on. Thanks
    sigpic

Originally posted by JJe30 View Post
    Are the late model e28 and e34 m30 heads the same? Found a rebuilt 88 535i ( e28 ) head and I have a 90 535i. Wouldn't mind picking up this head if it would swap directly on. Thanks
    No. It will go on, but it is inferior to the B35 head in almost every way.

Smaller ports, valves, less aggressive cam, etc, etc.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry that is wrong, in fact it will give you higher compression.

Andy

Comment

In fact it is not. Yes you will get higher compression, but the head will require so much work to make it comparable to a B35 head. Valves are smaller, cam is less aggressive, ports are smaller, etc.

OP states, "swap directly on". The answer is yes, but it will be detrimental to the performance of the car without heavy modification.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            In fact it is not. Yes you will get higher compression, but the head will require so much work to make it comparable to a B35 head. Valves are smaller, cam is less aggressive, ports are smaller, etc.

OP states, "swap directly on". The answer is yes, but it will be detrimental to the performance of the car without heavy modification.
            1+ on all of that, local buddy has a b35 bottom end with a b34 head. Think of it like this: b25 bottom end with a b27 head.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
            X