Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best book for e30

Hi,
    I’ve used wayne’s book before for other classic car and was wondering what is the best book for home diy for the e30s.

thank you

That would be the bentley manual

Comment

For starters, this one is better:
      Detailed DIY write ups with pictures for your E30 from Classic Bimmer Bits.

Comment

I’ve used the “E30 Restoration Bible” as a springboard for future project ideas. It’s a concise, easy read with photos. Downside is it’s old.

Comment

There's also the "101 Performance Projects for your 3 series" book, which has some good project ideas. Again, probably slightly dated now, but more modern than the Restoration Bible.

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by papag1234 View Post
            That would be the bentley manual
            For home repairs, Bentley is the answer. There are several PDF versions floating around if you're looking for a download. I keep a hardcopy at home for reference.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Was about to pick up the Bentley Manual, but noticed it doesn't cover the 1991 M42 engine. Any recommendations?

Comment

I had to pick up an E36 Bentley to cover the M42 unfortunately, so you really need the two foe the 91's/M42.

Comment

If you're looking for an introductory overview of performance modifications common for the E30 chassis, I'd suggest the "BMW E30 Performance Guide". It isn't an in-depth DIY, but a good first look.

Some of the input/photos in the book came from yours truly along with a couple OG r3v-members.

Comment

Working...
                  X