Buying an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you daily driven one?
    uhhhh. yeah. and a 2002. and a Datsun B210. and a Chevy Monza.

You don't say where you live, so your question isn't answerable.

In Seattle, the 2002 became un- fun about 2008 or so when the peckerheaded
    programmers from dicklandia showed up in Audis and Priusses.

A plastic- bumpered E30 didn't become un- fun until the Tesla takeover maybe about 2016.
    That coincided with a swelling in the size of the bro-trucks coming out of the domestics, too.

If I had a diving- board car, I'd still drive it when the roads weren't heavily salted.

But if you live somewhere with a lower cock- to- person ratio, you could easily still daily- drive a 2002.
    If you made sure the heater fan was still fully functional.

t
    since you asked.
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
      A plastic- bumpered E30 didn't become un- fun until the Tesla takeover maybe about 2016.
      That coincided with a swelling in the size of the bro-trucks coming out of the domestics, too.
      Lol... the bro-trucks even make driving my e92 a bit of a pain. The top of the roof is lower than the glasshouse & tray so they often try to drive over you when they switch lanes.

I have a joke with my kids that I should buy a Kenworth prime mover for the school drop-off. The speed bumps have become so large to attempt to slow the 4wds down at the kids school that my stock ride height e92 almost gets beached on them! I wouldn't dare drive the e30 in there.
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by EvanMitchell View Post
        Hey guys, new here. For the past 2 months I've been working with my dad on my dad's 1990 325is. Beautiful car. We are swapping from automatic to manual, honestly a blast.

So, I see people on social media that daily e30s but that's always just the good parts of driving one. Never really a blunt perspective. I currently drive a audi a3 and want to actually daily an e30.

Have any of you daily driven one? How has it gone, would you say it's fine for me, a college kid, to daily an e30. Are they reliable? Thank you
        Amazing work fella, if you want to daily an e30 the most important thing to do is consistent maintenance and general service of the car. You should have no problem in as much you keep caring for it, that's all they want the attention... lol

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
          at this point an e30 is definitely not a daily unless you're a die hard fan or it's a shit beater. sun belt and super dry parts of the US are the only places i would attempt it if you want to continue to have a nice car.

dry cars don't exist where i live. i get weekly offers on a car with no drive train for over double what i paid less than 7 yrs ago. only because it is still saveable. if you find a good one, keep it that way.
          I live in the desert SW and daily my E30. One thing to watch out for if you live here is the rocks constantly pelting your car, especially on the freeways. Why they thought adding rocks on the sides of the freeway was a good idea, I'll never know.
          90 Bronzit 325is
          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post

I live in the desert SW and daily my E30. One thing to watch out for if you live here is the rocks constantly pelting your car, especially on the freeways. Why they thought adding rocks on the sides of the freeway was a good idea, I'll never know.
            i live on the canadian prairies. the car never registered here at all when it was sold. rust took the few that were. this summer i counted a total of 3 on the roads over 6 months. you'd never daily a decent e30 here.

Comment

My car has been a daily driver in the Midwest for 30+ years. I plastic coated the bottom. Tossing the E30 in snow is the most fun one can have. BTW, my wife thinks I am a total nuts for driving the E30 in the winter...maybe, I am.

Comment

Majority has said the most important thing which is the maintenance and then you are good to go with e30

Comment

Working...
                X