Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump\s

Hi
    while driving my car without the back seats to troubleshoot roof noises I noticed what I believe it’s a fuel pump noise that is not as noticeable with the seats on.
    the sound is pronounced and now that I don’t have sounds from the roof I can hear it well.

My question is if this is normal and how many fuel pumps do I have?
    rockauto has fuel pump inside the tank and outside of the car. I don’t think I have one outside.
    also should I replace fuel sending unit and where is that located?

thank you

There are rubber sleeves for fuel pumps.

The problem is the sending unit is inserted near the pump and may not provide enough clearance for a sleeve.
    ---
    If you're there, can you measure the diameter of the pump and the distance between it and the sending unit.
    I believe the diameter is close to 36 mm.

Maybe, something like this will work.
    https://www.highflowfuel.com/quantum...RoC9K0QAvD_BwE
    Last edited by Vincenze; 10-02-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavadarci View Post
      Hi
      while driving my car without the back seats to troubleshoot roof noises I noticed what I believe it’s a fuel pump noise that is not as noticeable with the seats on.
      the sound is pronounced and now that I don’t have sounds from the roof I can hear it well.

My question is if this is normal and how many fuel pumps do I have?
      rockauto has fuel pump inside the tank and outside of the car. I don’t think I have one outside.
      also should I replace fuel sending unit and where is that located?

thank you

fuel pump runs constant. they buzz like mad if gong out but will continue on for a while until it starts driving issues. could also be you just notice it more without the sound dampening from the rear seat.
      my e30 has 2 pumps. a sending unit / lift pump in the tank and a fuel pump by the passenger rear tire.

Comment

Ok I’ll check for both

Comment

Working...
        X