How to fall in love with your e30 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fall in love with your e30 again

I daily drive my e30s, try to do the speed limit most times. The car performs as expected, no surprises and no drama. Everything is familiar, everything is normal.

A friend recently had heart surgery, so needed me to drive his Toyota Tundra to go run errands. It was only 5 hrs but afterwards when I got back into my e30.... Wow! Night and day...tight steering, firm ride, throttle response, exhaust note.

The lesson... go out and drive someone else's car for a few hours and immediately get back in your e30!

Great advice! I'm down to driving my car once a week at most and I love it every time I get behind the wheel
    sigpic84 325e

Comment

My e30 is the daily also. All I need to feel refreshed is to not drive it for a few days.

Comment

Every time I jump into a Toyota as a rental, I'm always reminded why I drive BMWs. The worst car I've driven in recent years was a Corolla with CVT. The most underpowered, boring and soul destroying car I've driven. I can't understand their popularity even with the "reliability" record, you'd just have to absolutely hate driving. Jumping between the e92 as the daily and my e30 it's interesting that there are more similarities than differences. The e92 still very much feels like a 3 series despite the size & tech differences.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
          Jumping between the e92 as the daily and my e30 it's interesting that there are more similarities than differences. The e92 still very much feels like a 3 series despite the size & tech differences.
          Even though your e30 is the m30 variant...

Truth, I also switch between my e93 and my e30, aside from feeling more bumps because the e93 is heavier and has low profile tires, the drive is similar.

You don't realize you're driving excellence until you drive mediocre, but could be I'm biased because I've been driving e30s since 1998.

Comment

Just got back into an e30, haven't had one for about six years or so. Been swapping numerous e36s e34s and an e39... Spotted a forlorn looking 92 325 5sp vert and got it... Now my fifth vert, it's a fixer upper but man what a joy to drive.. Currently driving a 96 328 sedan, 99 528i msport sedan and an 04 crossfire coupe... It's good to be home again...!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20211030_172534.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	10036136
            Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

Install M54B30, grin bigger.

t
              too many projekts.
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
                Even though your e30 is the m30 variant....
                The e30 is a lot quicker than the diesel that's for sure - both in a straight line and point to point in the twisty stuff

I don't get in trouble with the e92 like I used to when I daily drove the M30 - nearly lost my license twice after running out of demerit points for speeding.

I was more thinking about the similarities in the way the two cars handle and are entertaining to drive.

Comment

I recently bought a 2021 base model Golf GTI, and it gives the E30 a run for its money. Highly recommended if you want something for a daily that isn’t crappy and boring. I love that thing.
                  Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                  1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                  Palm Beach County

Comment

Have to admit I rented a Mk 7.5 Golf last year, and even with the 3 cylinder 1.5 Turbo and manual it was pretty fun to punt around, so I'd imagine the GTi is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                    X