Replacement Windshields: Options and Experiences?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rmdashrf
    replied
    interesting getting fuyao, there an OEM for F30 glass nowadays. I wonder how it compares to E30 OE glass.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    recently bought an aftermarket fuyao windshield. Green strip to the AS1 line. $200. It's fine, but finding an OE quality glass was at least 3x the cost, and not readily in stock.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZeKahr
    replied
    I had Guten replace the windshield on my old 325e about 2-3 years ago, when they still offered service. Cost $1500 in parts and labor. I’d reach out to Levent at Guten and see if they can still source windshield glass for you

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill Brown
    replied
    Thank you for posting this as I have been curious as well.

    Bill

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwman91
    started a topic Replacement Windshields: Options and Experiences?

    Replacement Windshields: Options and Experiences?

    I am in need of a new front windshield for my 91 coupe. The last time I got a replacement was in 2007, and the mobile glass service put in a PGW brand part. It looked fine and never leaked.

    Being 16 years later, I am wondering what the glass options are for these >30 year old cars? I called a couple of glass installers last week and while the prices were pretty low ($200 for the glass), they were brands that I had never heard of. Can we still get Pilkington glass, and has anyone gotten Sekurit glass? It would appear that the BMW dealer may be able to get OEM glass, but the price seems to exceed $600 for that.

    Anyone in the SF Bay Area got a glass source / shop recommendation?
Working...