Spacershop 50mm Steering Wheel Extender

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Panici
    Moderator
    • Dec 2009
    • 2543

    #1

    Spacershop 50mm Steering Wheel Extender

    Has anyone tried out the Spacershop 50mm steering wheel extender?

    I've been waiting for something like this for years.
    Had something similar in my orange E36 and it really helped to uncramp the legs.

    It's pretty spendy especially with shipping and import to Canada.

    Steering wheel spacer developed for BMW M3 E30. Premium aluminum construction ensures perfect OEM integration. Enhances driving dynamics while maintaining factory safety systems and ergonomic optimization.
  • TobyB
    R3V Elite
    • Oct 2011
    • 5286

    #2
    Nope.

    But I made something a little like that for the E30 race car, and you're right, having the wheel closer is a lot nicer...
    I also lowered it a bit, too.

    t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

    Comment

    • Panici
      Moderator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2543

      #3
      Originally posted by TobyB
      Nope.

      But I made something a little like that for the E30 race car, and you're right, having the wheel closer is a lot nicer...
      I also lowered it a bit, too.

      t
      I ordered one, we will see how it feels.

      Regarding dropping the wheel, did you make a spacer up?
      How much can I get away with lowering before joints bind up?

      Comment

      • Fraser
        Advanced Member
        • Nov 2003
        • 198

        #4
        I haven't used one like that but I have quick disconnects on a couple cars that has the same effect...you'll probably like it depending on how your upper body is built. The reach for the turn signal and wiper stock gets a little weird but you get used to it...

        325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

        Comment

        • TobyB
          R3V Elite
          • Oct 2011
          • 5286

          #5
          Originally posted by Panici
          Regarding dropping the wheel, did you make a spacer up?
          How much can I get away with lowering before joints bind up?
          What I recall doing (shit, was it really 15 years ago???)
          was making a couple of tabs of 1/8" strap iron, drilling holes
          about an inch apart, and bolting them in. I might have made
          them a little S- shaped, I seem to recall, so that they didn't bind.
          That lowered the wheel an inch, and there have been no
          problems with binding...

          fwiw,
          t

          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

          Comment

          Working...