Current Parts Supply

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LateFan
    R3V Elite
    • May 2013
    • 4414

    #1

    Current Parts Supply

    I haven’t shopped for this car for a long while.
    i didn’t dig all that deep, but I’m seeing big gaps in availability in basic maintenance parts. Example - Not finding much in reman rear calipers for the ‘86 es. I hate to devolve to buying from RockAuto. They have Nugeon remans.

    But ECS, FCP, Pelican, the regulars - not too many parts listed.
    Where are you all looking for OE stuff?

    Thanks -
  • Vincenze
    E30 Enthusiast
    • Apr 2019
    • 1034

    #2
    I visited a Pick Your Part junk yard a month ago.
    There were 2 E30s.
    The most interesting parts were absent as I came a day late.
    But the engine and brake calipers were there.

    There were several Z3s, almost untouched. Those were 4-cylinder models.
    I believe some parts are interchangeable.

    Comment

    • 2mAn
      Señior Mod
      • Aug 2010
      • 20975

      #3
      Have you tried bluntech?
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1966 Blue Boat
      -1969 Red VW
      -1986 White BMW
      -2006 Green Thing

      Make R3V Great Again -2020

      Comment

      • Vincenze
        E30 Enthusiast
        • Apr 2019
        • 1034

        #4
        Walloth and Nesch has some parts. They are not cheap.


        Comment

        • LateFan
          R3V Elite
          • May 2013
          • 4414

          #5
          Oh, is bluntech still there?

          Comment

          • 2mAn
            Señior Mod
            • Aug 2010
            • 20975

            #6
            Originally posted by LateFan
            Oh, is bluntech still there?
            Yup, I always email them and let them know Im from r3v and they tend to work a little harder to find what you need.

            Also, if you are looking to just rebuild your setup you can get rebuild kits, or if you want to get crazy can send the calipers to PMB and have them rebuild them. Wont be cheap but will be done absolutely right and look great
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1966 Blue Boat
            -1969 Red VW
            -1986 White BMW
            -2006 Green Thing

            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment

            • LateFan
              R3V Elite
              • May 2013
              • 4414

              #7
              They don't show any calipers for now. This is no show horse, stock and maintained is my goal for now (and maybe some cool pepita sport seats - I have new foams on the way).

              Comment

              Working...