• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
    do you go to skool in davis?
    yes I do, last quarter

Go AGGIES!

Comment

Yeah, they do look like sport seats. But good luck, and let erryone know how it goes.
      M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
        yes I do, last quarter

Go AGGIES!
        congrats brotato, ive got at least another year here

Comment

the 325is did not get lowering springs. there was an mtech suspension package available to most E30s but it's not "is" specific. all that means is it had sport seats, spoilers and an LSD. in 89 the sport models had body colored mirrors, 90+ were all body color. oh and they got a badge. :p

seeing how the front valance is bashed in on the passenger side, the lip is probably long gone. the original wheels were probably trashed long ago as well.

check to see if it's been painted - sterling silver goes bad pretty quickly if not exceptionally well taken care of. Being repainted isn't a big deal if it's just to fix bad original paint, but of course it can also mean it's had an accident.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            the 325is did not get lowering springs. there was an mtech suspension package available to most E30s but it's not "is" specific. all that means is it had sport seats, spoilers and an LSD. in 89 the sport models had body colored mirrors, 90+ were all body color. oh and they got a badge. :p

seeing how the front valance is bashed in on the passenger side, the lip is probably long gone. the original wheels were probably trashed long ago as well.

check to see if it's been painted - sterling silver goes bad pretty quickly if not exceptionally well taken care of. Being repainted isn't a big deal if it's just to fix bad original paint, but of course it can also mean it's had an accident.
            some panels did look lighter than others. Do you by any chance know what makes this specific color go bad? anything that resembles titanium metallic silver (the color of my e46) is me and my family's favorite color :puppy:

Comment

it's just a silver metallic paint. the clearcoat oxidizes if not waxed, which then starts to crack and peel. it lasts a long time as long as the clearcoat doesn't fail.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
              X