Allow myself to introduce....... myself

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 325ix
    replied
    I love both of these cars. especially the one with the orange engine bay

    Leave a comment:


  • wolfgangstbd
    replied
    havent checked the thread in a while. car has caught the badass!

    Leave a comment:


  • kenika65
    replied
    I love orange in the engine bay!

    Leave a comment:


  • ja burna
    replied
    Here are some pics,, more coming in the next days or so!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ja burna
    replied
    And that other s38 went to me!!! pics coming of my progress!!

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpina
    the 5 lug conversion,, is it a M3 or ??

    i have M3 conversion with new discs and pads ((oem )) ,, and the best secret IMO ..

    E34 M5 Booster + mastercylender (25 mm ) VERY GOOD brakes for what i am doing,, never fade or anything at the Nordschleife,, but i am not driveng like a maniac there
    I shyed away from the E34 M5 booster and MC due to cost of replacement parts. You know they don't convert to the E32 MC that is readily available and relatively inexpensive.

    I used E36 parts for the conversion for the same reason. Overall reason for this was parts availability and price. As much as this is a full blown project, I still want to keep a reasonable budget, and prep for possible replacements if needed later down the road. Trailing Arms were about 110euro for the pair and spindles came from my parts car. All told, except for the coilovers, I have maybe 400euro into the conversion including wheels. I had the E46 330i brakes with new discs from another project that changed direction to 4-pot.

    I have been trying to keep this car under $10k total usd for the usual reasons and would like it to not be so custom that if something breaks, I'm waiting for the part to be made or found. Labor is not included in the price tag as it is all my time when not working on someone elses project car.

    It is always more fun to build a car with someone else's money............, but for mine, I would like to take it easy on the wallet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alpina
    replied
    Originally posted by s38e30
    Description covered that area. E36 M contours and E46 brakes also hint at that too.

    I also set the suspension lower when I originally set the camber, then had to raise it up to move it from the garage where I was working on it to my house.
    the 5 lug conversion,, is it a M3 or ??

    i have M3 conversion with new discs and pads ((oem )) ,, and the best secret IMO ..

    E34 M5 Booster + mastercylender (25 mm ) VERY GOOD brakes for what i am doing,, never fade or anything at the Nordschleife,, but i am not driveng like a maniac there

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Awesome. I hate to see positive camber though, I'm sure you'll sort it out. :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    Description covered that area. E36 M contours and E46 brakes also hint at that too.

    I also set the suspension lower when I originally set the camber, then had to raise it up to move it from the garage where I was working on it to my house.

    Leave a comment:


  • UNHCLL
    replied
    Originally posted by Gnarles
    do you have positive camber in the front?
    Very likely as the post with photos earlier in this thread hint at e36 front struts, which will force one to fight both the caster/camber issue in the e30.

    -Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Gnarles
    do you have positive camber in the front?
    Have not adjusted anything but castor. Still a rolling project. When get the ride height set I'll start playing with camber for the front and rear.

    Leave a comment:


  • woodisgood
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeK
    jeebus christ
    "wait a minute I don't even believe in jeebus"

    Leave a comment:


  • Gnarles
    replied
    do you have positive camber in the front?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_kid
    replied
    ^^that right there is full of win!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    Hopefully these cure the problems with the e36 look...........



    Leave a comment:

Working...