Allow myself to introduce....... myself

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    Out of curiosity how did you setup the front subframe to clear the oil pan and the hood? Was that the reason that you removed the intake?

    I'm doing the exact same swap into my car.
    Originally posted by s38e30
    I lowered the subframe about an inch for additional clearance with the hood, but the downside is the original kit does not do to much for it.
    :)

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    MT1 + throwing stars removed (run them without covers) + CF airbox = win.
    they are contours, not throwing stars. no covers to remove.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alpina
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    Out of curiosity how did you setup the front subframe to clear the oil pan and the hood? Was that the reason that you removed the intake?

    I'm doing the exact same swap into my car.
    the best way IMO is to lower the subframe .. complete like i did,, but i repeat this is my opinion

    20 mm alu adapter

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Out of curiosity how did you setup the front subframe to clear the oil pan and the hood? Was that the reason that you removed the intake?

    I'm doing the exact same swap into my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30slut
    replied
    oh wow.. exactly how much cheaper is it?

    I got an op check last yeaer and wanted to buy and s38 thinkin $4k was enough, boy was I crushed when I found out these things sell for 6k+

    that and nobdy seems to know what goes into what..

    Leave a comment:


  • Alpina
    replied
    Hello s38e30........ welcome to the E30 S38 5 lug club


    one question ???????


    the ecu map ??

    now you have lost some torque by not using, the oem airbox,, and the flap.. inside

    is there a MAP sensor you are using or like i have,, MAF deleted ECU and the ECU is running alpha-n via throttle position sensor

    cool to see the intake runners

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    MT1 + throwing stars removed (run them without covers) + CF airbox = win.

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    I think I am going to take the E30 M3 bumper route for a body kit and stick to a DTM exhaust instead of dual/quad tips.

    Not too difficult to blend in and will fit under the 2 row tail lights without trimming.

    Leave a comment:


  • lov-e30
    replied
    I think I just jizzed my pants..................



    Anyways if your still interested in the e36 front end, Eurostop.com sells a horrible replica that will fit the e30 just FYI.




    Very nice project and I'm jeleous that you have acces to so many sweet parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Anything but the E36 front end and I think you will be just fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rockinlittle325i
    replied
    wow.... just.... wow

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    The idea for this car came because it is so much cheaper to acquire the parts in Europe than in the States. The price of the motor alone in the states makes this prohibitive. It was ridiculously cheap, also being close to Germany and the amount of real grassroots tuners there trying anything and everything made the motor mounts and subframe spacers off the shelf items. The hard part has been the details the less than adaquate amount of documentation. What drive shaft from what year/month.......... What brake setup to clear the plenum........ what trans to clear the tunnel and mounts within the factory rails...........and the radiator is a whole separate challenge.

    The front end has to be functional as well as aesthetically appealing.

    I appreciate the suggestions and the critiques.

    Leave a comment:


  • nickpdx
    replied
    Hot damn, that is a dream of an engine swap. Motor looks badass with the individual air filters. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • s38e30
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfgangstbd
    yeah but the fact that your fitting a e36 front bumper kinda cancles out the badass for me.
    Before you diminish the badass factor............ I am trying to decide the direction for the body. The M3 bumper is resting on the shocks as an idea. Same with the mirrors.

    When I started building this.......... All I was concerned with was the actual performance aspect. Appearance was much further down the list.

    Back to the MT1......... It looks out of place because of the required wheel size. It is also not low enough to cover the Oil pan. I lowered the subframe about an inch for additional clearance with the hood, but the downside is the original kit does not do to much for it.

    I also have a pfeba kit from the 80's but I am not quite sold on it


    I am also toying with an E30 M3 front with the evo lip. (Still less rare then the Mtech 2 kit as a whole.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I want a legit number on how many people have used this thread title on internet forums since forums became popular.

    I think I may have.

    Leave a comment:

Working...