How do you keep your carpet clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you keep your carpet clean?

I have seen at dealers, cars that have that adhesive plastic on the carpets and floor mats. Where doyou get those? I want those to keep my carpet clean. My client's dirty my car like crazy.

For the expected wear & tear, why not just purchase some no-name brand of matching floormats from AutoZone or Walmart? And since you mentioned you're hauling around clients, perhaps you can write this off as a business expense (i.e. vehicle maintenance).

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I removed mine, worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by jon325i View Post
        for the expected wear & tear, why not just purchase some no-name brand of matching floormats from autozone or walmart?
        +1

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

vaccuum it often, and use that scented baking soda type stuff.

Comment

Its not like OEM mats are that expensive. If I spend $90 on mats and they last for 2 years, im more than happy. With a good cleaning every once and a while, they should be just fine. Cheepos just never fit right nor look good.

COTM

Comment

Where are you finding the OEM mats for $90? Everywhere I've looked, they're ~$130

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                For the expected wear & tear, why not just purchase some no-name brand of matching floormats from AutoZone or Walmart? And since you mentioned you're hauling around clients, perhaps you can write this off as a business expense (i.e. vehicle maintenance).

Jon
                that's like buying leather furniture, and then covering it in plastic so you don't damage it.

Or putting on a hood bra to protect the paint, and then leaving it on year round until it rubs through and starts to mold.

the OEM mats last a LONG time. Mine are just about needing to be replaced, and they're the originals. And actually, it's only the drivers side that needs replaced. the other three are basically like new.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by cagedbunny View Post
                  Where are you finding the OEM mats for $90? Everywhere I've looked, they're ~$130
                  Tischer BMW

Comment

The mats from Bavarian Autosport are pretty nice quality and fit.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      Tischer BMW

Comment

^there you have it. A buddy of mine got the Bavs and they were crap...especially for the money. Tischer is the way to go.

COTM

Comment

i got mine from tischer, thats $90 "shipped". cant beat that!

Comment

The OE mats look excellent and obviously fit perfectly, my family and I have used some in our cars and they seem to wear much faster than the WeatherTech mats we now use in most of our cars. The OE mats in my father's car were purchased about two years ago and parts of the rubber have worn away where his heel normally rests. Not sure if that's the case with all OE mats, but the WeatherTech mats haven't had that problem at all. They also have more than adequate gutter things to collect dirt/debris/water which is really nice.

Someone also mentioned applying baking soda on smelly carpet, I've had good luck with this one. Apply the baking soda on the carpet (and cloth seats too) and leave it overnight and vacuum in the morning and you're golden.
                            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                            E36 325i sedan
                            E30 325i sedan
                            Volvo 945T

Comment

Or you could do like me.

Blow your engine and park the car for 6 months. It's kept my carpet super clean.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X