Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power windows stuck down, where do I crank with hex key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power windows stuck down, where do I crank with hex key?

I've searched both visually with the door card removed, and on the forum for how to do this. I cant find where I'm supposed to crank with an allen key to get the windows back up. Can someone tell me where it is on the motor or show me a picture? Thanks a lot!
    Gutted, welded, daily driver 88' 325is

afaik that only works on early model cars

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

i know on my early(86) there is a blue button looking thing in the middle of the door panel that you pop off, and you stick the key in through the plastic and you gotta crank HARD for it to move. i've have my fair share of motors and tracks break

if you need pics i can grab some tomorrow morning

Comment

only works on early model cars. it's a pretty obvious spot on the motor.
        stephenbrody.com

Comment

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Only works on early model cars. It's a pretty obvious spot on the motor.

Comment

RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
              DaveCN = Old Man
              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

.rotom eht no tops suoivbo ytterp a s'ti .srac ledom ylrae no skrow ylno

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

funktioniert nur auf anfang modellautos. Es ist ziemlich offensichtlich ein fleck auf dem schlitten.
                        sigpic
                        Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Not sure but somebody may confirm... I believe only works on early model cars. it's a pretty obvious spot on the motor.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                            Not sure but somebody may confirm... I believe only works on early model cars. it's a pretty obvious spot on the motor.
                            Confirmed.
                            1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
                            1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
                            1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
                            1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

i worked on an early model car once. obviously, the motor was spot on and pretty.
                              -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                              X