No announcement yet.

mpg eta owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eta's are just fun to mod. Everything makes a difference.

PS: I signed up for Fuelly just now, we'll see how it goes with two trips scheduled for this week.

... and Chicago skyway is INSANE. I was going 90 at first and got passed by a Corpsica. I flew almost entire stretch into Wisconsin at 120mph and it was the most amazing drive I've been on. Looking forward to going back sometime very soon.
    Last edited by Aptyp; 03-14-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

whats skyway? is the cooler than wacker drive haha
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It's an elevated highway through downtown of Chicago that turns into express way. Cops can't get on or off. You pretty much have to fly by a cop to get noticed and at those speeds, they better have a helicopter. It's like a NFS game.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
          whats with all you guys with modded eta's? is it really that bad stock?
          I don't know if you missed it in my post, but my '87 was completely stock. I put ~30k on it like that and loved every second of it. I wouldn't bother modifying an eta, it isn't slow enough to bother me. My '85 only has a chip in it because the PO installed it.

Comment

^^yeah, I saw your post but was trying to figure why others were getting mid to low 20s? so mid 30s highway is avg for etas?

I guess I should clarify, whats the best mpg you can get from a eta.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
              It's an elevated highway through downtown of Chicago that turns into express way. Cops can't get on or off. You pretty much have to fly by a cop to get noticed and at those speeds, they better have a helicopter. It's like a NFS game.
              This cracked me up.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                I guess I should clarify, whats the best mpg you can get from a eta.

my all-time best was 46mpg driving to the beach. On 185/65 tires, 2.79 open diff. Lowered on Eibach. Car had all trunk weight removed, carpet was gone. A/C and PS were off the car. I can't think of anything else that aided that feat. I putted the entire way never breaking 2,000rpm and still stayed 70mph the entire way. When I got back I wanted to put a sticker on the car telling Prius drivers to suck it.

I want to do another "green" e30 with my gf's 91 325is in the very near future, but will be automatic and I hope to break 40's on regular basis.

Tires made the biggest difference in MPG.

Comment

^^Nice, the most I've ever gotten was 33 on my 318is. that was going 65 mph, tires at 35psi, flat highway

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                    my all-time best was 46mpg driving to the beach. On 185/65 tires, 2.79 open diff. Lowered on Eibach. Car had all trunk weight removed, carpet was gone. A/C and PS were off the car. I can't think of anything else that aided that feat. I putted the entire way never breaking 2,000rpm and still stayed 70mph the entire way. When I got back I wanted to put a sticker on the car telling Prius drivers to suck it.

I want to do another "green" e30 with my gf's 91 325is in the very near future, but will be automatic and I hope to break 40's on regular basis.

Tires made the biggest difference in MPG.
                    That's too kick ass man. I bet I probably got damn good mileage in my old eta. It was BARREN. No interior, no trunk tar, no spare, no a/c nothing. It was lowwwwww, but it had fatty tires on the bottlecaps. I believe I had 205's or 215's on the caps. I miss those tires though they made the 14's look mean.

You can tell they are pretty fat in this pic.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

oh yeah, my rear bumper was off as well and rain gutters flew off.

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                        Standard eta was made '84-'87 with a -200 casting head and the smaller port intake (same as an m20b23 and an m20b20).

Super-eta was 1988 only and used the -885 casting head with the larger intake from the m20b25 as well as different pistons and a few other differences.

so does the rev limit change between the supereta and eta? whats the difference in mpg between the two?
                        87 325ic sold
                        91 318i sold
                        95 ///M3 sold
                        02 325xi manual

Comment

Working...
                        X