mpg eta owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mpg eta owners?

Curious what mpg you guys are getting? I've become obsessed with fuel economy lately. I bet you guys get the last laugh when fuel prices spike.
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

20 mpg.

I suck.

(it needs new plug wires and probably an 02 sensor)
    cars beep boop

Comment

My eta peaked at 38mpg.

65mph + no A/C + level surface

Comment

20mpg.

but my super eta has m20b25 with a 4.10 rear.

so its not really a super eta anymore.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I consistently did 35 mpg in my '87 325es averaging 70 mph on my 35 mile daily highway drive to/from work. Gas mileage dropped to 32 mpg with the S52.

I'm driving an '85 eta now, so as soon as the odo is fixed I'll be able to calculate the mileage in that. Should be better than my old car considering it has a 2.79 opposed to the 2.93 of the later eta. It's my economy machine.

Comment

wow that pretty awesome. Considering the mini's and other fuel efficient cars right now are just approaching 35-40mpg

I may have to get one now haha.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
              My eta peaked at 38mpg.

65mph + no A/C + level surface
              Why the hell did you sell it?!...ok maybe we made fun of you a little back then.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                I consistently did 35 mpg in my '87 325es averaging 70 mph on my 35 mile daily highway drive to/from work. Gas mileage dropped to 32 mpg with the S52.

I'm driving an '85 eta now, so as soon as the odo is fixed I'll be able to calculate the mileage in that. Should be better than my old car considering it has a 2.79 opposed to the 2.93 of the later eta. It's my economy machine.
                That's really cool, except for the fact that those tiny fucking plastic gears will cost you ~2 tanks of gas.

I'm still debating whether it's worth it to do the odo gears on my super eta.

Comment

My current eta gets around 22-25 mpg

My previous eta averaged 28 mpg

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

why so much variance? is there alot of diff between supereta and regular?

Comment

mine is averaging what it says in my sig. Stock 87 Eta, 268K miles, no valence, bent assed fender, and AC blowing cold enough to freeze your nuts off.
                      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

My current eta (my '84) has had some teething problems which, as I found out today while digging into the engine-bay, likely stemed from the PO not adjusting the valves in a long long time, coupled with a few other issues.

My last one (an '88 S-eta) came to me with a broken timing-belt, so the top-side of the motor was completly rebuilt before it ever got on the road.

I guess what I'm saying is, the motor's 'freshness' and regular maintenace go a long way toward fuel ecconomy.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                          I guess what I'm saying is, the motor's 'freshness' and regular maintenace go a long way toward fuel ecconomy.
                          the terrain that you drive also affects it a bit as well, if where you live is flatter than an 8 year olds chest, then it will be better than someone who is up and down hills and shit all day.
                          I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                            That's really cool, except for the fact that those tiny fucking plastic gears will cost you ~2 tanks of gas.

I'm still debating whether it's worth it to do the odo gears on my super eta.
                            Ha, so true.. the little one that always blows first is ~$30. Then you replace that and it blows up the other two and you are back to square one.

For what it's worth, the eta of mine that consistently turned 35 mpg had about 270k on it with a horrid top end noise. Something was broken and rattling around. Never cared to find out because I had an S52 ready to go in when the motor died. Well, the motor wouldn't die, so after 8-9 months of the motor being noisy I finally set aside some time to pull it out. It's hard to kill an eta.

Comment

26-27, chipped. Sounds like i should be doing better..

Comment

Working...
                              X