324TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

324TD

ok so i found a really nice e30 touring and its a turbo deisel. looks great in and out and has a almost new motor. only 10km on head and 40km on bottom end. and only 2k euro, which is about $2,650. im really considering buying it as a daily driver and forgeting the whole idea of getting an M3. they are still too expensive and very hard to find. pluse i cant bring one back unless i spend about 5-8k to convert it to US spec. so maybe a turbo deisel e30 touring silver will be my next whip. ill have pics and stuff if i get it.

get it!
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

[quote]get it!

werd.

Comment

why would you get an underpowered diesel slug while over here in germany???? just wait and look around, there will be a nice 325 that jumps up!!! I offered you my 327i touring a few months ago really cheap, now its gone though! sorry.

Comment

Get it

Originally posted by DaveCN
          Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

don't do it man... hold out. I've personally never driven a bmw diesel, so i can't attest to their power. However, diesel in general sucks balls. Plus, in some places, diesel is more expensive that supreme gas, so you're not saving anything there either.
            PNW Crew
            90 m3
            06 m5

Comment

ah you all have good points.... hmmm patience is something i dont have and i have been without a car for over 3 months now and i really want a car here in Germany... a wagon would be nice. i mean real nice

Comment

I say buy it...then when you go to do a twin cam 6 swap, I call dibs on that forged crank from the 324td :twisted:

Jon
                Rides...
                1991 325i - sold :(
                2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

why not just look for a petrol touring?

Comment

get it and convert all the DOT stuff you'll have to (lights, signals, gauge cluster, etc)... a TD basically gets a free pass from the EPA from what i've heard.

then once it's here, you never have to go in for a smog check, no matter what happens to end up under the hood. :D
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk
                      get it and convert all the DOT stuff you'll have to (lights, signals, gauge cluster, etc)... a TD basically gets a free pass from the EPA from what i've heard.
                      VERY good point. My dad used to own an '86 MBZ 300TD (straight-6 turbo'd oil burner). That car was exempt from Calif.'s rigid smog mandate. I say go for it.

Jon
                      Rides...
                      1991 325i - sold :(
                      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Yes get it!

Tour on my man!

And ship me the engine when you are done I have had visions of a diesel ix, would be nice to have the good mileage and the awd.
                        E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3
                          don't do it man... hold out. I've personally never driven a bmw diesel, so i can't attest to their power. However, diesel in general sucks balls. Plus, in some places, diesel is more expensive that supreme gas, so you're not saving anything there either.
                          Price per gallon is not where diesel saves, its in the MPG. You'll be visiting the pumps much less often.
                          Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS
                            Originally posted by uofom3
                            Price per gallon is not where diesel saves, its in the MPG. You'll be visiting the pumps much less often.
                            Pist uofom3 it is just American diesel that suck the big balls,
                            in germany you can get a vw bora (jetta) 134hp 4motion tdi w/ 6pd. =45mpg at 90mph.
                            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

i think im gonna do it. im gonna wait till the first of march and if i cant find a decent e30 coupe by them then ill get the touring and have something really uniqu. plus i have 3 years here so im sure ill get something fun later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X