Any way to tell if M-Tech was original to a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to tell if M-Tech was original to a car

Hey all just wondering if there is anyway to tell if a car was an M-Tech from the factory,,,, vin decoder or any other tell tale signs, in particular a cabrio.

Lookup the VIN, see if it has the M-Tech package. Also, what color is it?
    Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 06-22-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Since I started selling the m-tech cloth it will get harder to tell a real one from a fake, but running the vin will tell you. also on the real m-tech verts (not the appearance package cars) the build date will be 04/91 that was the only month they were built.
      Tri color fabric for sale here!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

can anyone on here run a vin? or have a website i can use to run it that gives factory options.

Comment

Well first off, what year is it? does it have m-tech cloth with the motorsports pattern on it, does it have 15 inch euro weaves, m-tech 2 body kit. Color?

Comment

Erik, weren't there 18 silver verts brought to us ;)

edit :D

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

18 manuals and 31 autos

I got one of the manuals :)

Comment

It should be noted that the triple white/black cars are strictly M Technic appearance package cars. The M Technic models are red, silver and macaoblau. Contrary to what was posted on the net in the past, these cars were produced from 4/91 upto ??? perhaps 7/91. Mine was produced 5/31/91 and there were still more VIN's left. I believe Keith's list from (e30ic.com) is for cars produced in 4/91 only, which is probably the majority of them.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Car is white vert, but owner does not have pics of interior, he is ignorant to bmw's and m-tech but said it has mouldings with m-tech imprinted on them. Its an auto and has the white weaves but cant tell if they are 15" or not. Prob going to look at the car tommorow its like 3hrs from me so I want to try to be as well informed as I can before I look at it. Says drivers seat has a tear he covered with duct tape, and the back seat has a stain meaning its cloth.

I assume a m-tech model has the m3 suspension with the offset cab's?

Car was purchased new in 11/92 and has been in one accident.

Comment

OK, that is a apperance car. It is a normal e30 vert with white seats, white wheels and white paint. No suspension upgrades on it at all, it is just like any other e30 vert but has the m-tech body kit on it. Also its going to have normal 14 inch wheels

Comment

Just curious, how do you know that from just the description he posted?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Very simple, if it's white or black with matching weaves it's an appearance package car.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Whats the market for a car like that in fair conditon 132k on it, he says zero rot, new top with no leaks, dent in rear quarter, good tread, new muffler, no dash cracks, broken cable on top so its manual for now, small dings, scratches, chips and surface rust on chips.

I know its hard to say without driving or seeing but I am thinking $3000 seems fair, he is not desperate and does not need to sell.
                          Last edited by naplesE30; 06-22-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Also total newb question do m-tech models have 5 lug?

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                              Also total newb question do m-tech models have 5 lug?
                              no.
                              -Will

1987 325is, 1989 325i, 1997 318i
                              Parts for Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X