Why I hate my e36, rant.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by bimmer_E30
    E36s are awesome. fuck there i said it, loved my old 328is coupe. for an almost 13 year old car that thing pulled like a rocket even with a bad slipping clutch which was the only thing that went wrong with it. other than that it was decent.
    :rofl:

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    You think an e36 is huge :rofl:
    This.

    And a 328i really does not pull that hard.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    E36s are awesome. fuck there i said it, loved my old 328is coupe. for an almost 13 year old car that thing pulled like a rocket even with a bad slipping clutch which was the only thing that went wrong with it. other than that it was decent.

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    dont buy a ratty E36 is the moral of this story, I have owned 8 or so E36's in varying forms from 318's to M3's and they were all good cars, some were great and some were plagued w/ E36 problems. My current E36 M3 is awesome and is very tight, has no typical E36 problems and is a absolute blast to drive (3.5ltr, 6 speed RMS stg 2) but you know what I take the S52 E30 out for a rip and although not as fast it is damn fun and just as tight.

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdAccord
    replied
    the majority of your problems come from a lack of maintenance. just like on any other car, you (or previous owners) have to fix shit when it breaks.

    Also, do you have an early or late model e36? i had a late model 328i and loved it once I fixed everything the previous owner neglected.

    and the m50 is leaps and bounds better than the m20

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Paging MikeK

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    You think an e36 is huge :rofl:

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    So, basically, the interior is falling apart. This is in line with everything else I've heard about E36s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Need4Speed1299
    started a topic Why I hate my e36, rant.

    Why I hate my e36, rant.

    So I picked up an e36 with a bad diff. I put a new one in and have been driving it a bit. I planned on daily driving it, but I hate it. Its a total lemon. Here is why I hate it.

    -They are huge. The car is a boat, nothing like an e30 at all. Really slow because of its massiveness.
    -The windows worked decent, then they stopped working. I've searched only to find a million diagnosis. No, it is not the comfort relay.
    -The drivers side window's sliding clip is broken like every other e36 so it randomly will lean forward.
    -The seats don't function right at all, probably the little plastic gears.
    -Lucky me I have a new radiator.. so I dont have to get into that.
    -Central locking is MIA.
    -The giant diff cradle rusted the under body where it connects.
    -I hate the plasticy engine. They arent bad engines though.
    -For those who have a 2 door, the frameless glass sucks just like any other car with frameless glass.
    -The door panel squeaking was annoying, so I too them off. :D
    -My diff has m clunk. WTF.
    -The tach is completely off.
    -A/c doesnt work, because of a leaky compressor.
    -My seats are all ripped on the seems.

    To be fair, what I like about them.
    -The engine.
    -5 lug.
    -Armrest.
    -Cup holders.

    Dont buy one. I bought it from a friend who put over $5,000 into it and it is still a piece of shit. I feel bad for those who back in the early 90s sold their e30 for one of these.
    Last edited by Need4Speed1299; 08-25-2010, 05:51 PM.
Working...