Why I hate my e36, rant.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need4Speed1299
    replied
    Originally posted by e30e
    ......BMW died after 1991.
    I can almost agree with that. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • jw 325ic
    replied
    bro has had a POS 95 318i in boston green for 6 yrs and id still take a 97 328is blk on blk 5 spd anyday for a daily....and i love e30s like my mom.
    Last edited by jw 325ic; 08-29-2010, 09:19 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    Originally posted by e30e
    Lulz at the e36 rants, you bought a common car that needs work. I'd rather buy a e36 that needs work over e30, the e36 parts are a hell of lot easier to find online and locally (atleast here) and there easier to mod.....I've own 3 e36's and the later models in fact hold up better but it could be due to........AH AGE of the car! Everything your bitching about is the common wtf e36 problems. If you think e36's are piles wait to you buy a 120k plus e46; they make the e36 seem simple. e46's have shitty paint, shitty glue, shitty subframes, stupid electronics, and shitty gm built 5 speed autos that die at 95k miles.......Lesson today is ......BMW died after 1991.
    I think you're getting those confused with the third world engineered unit ZF makes. My 4L30E on my m44 has lasted 230k miles. And I was just talking with m-technik-3 because he might of had a spare now that mine is making noise. But it still shifts perfect. I will just rebuild it and throw it back in. GM knows how to make an automatic. I can't see the 5L30E being that much different where it doesnt last as long as the 4L. Its probably BMWs shift program that wears on the tranny too much. In fact I'd rather have a GM 4l85e on a duramax LLY than the Allison.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30e
    replied
    Lulz at the e36 rants, you bought a common car that needs work. I'd rather buy a e36 that needs work over e30, the e36 parts are a hell of lot easier to find online and locally (atleast here) and there easier to mod.....I've own 3 e36's and the later models in fact hold up better but it could be due to........AH AGE of the car! Everything your bitching about is the common wtf e36 problems. If you think e36's are piles wait to you buy a 120k plus e46; they make the e36 seem simple. e46's have shitty paint, shitty glue, shitty subframes, stupid electronics, and shitty gm built 5 speed autos that die at 95k miles.......Lesson today is ......BMW died after 1991.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    i like my armrest lol

    Leave a comment:


  • MoparJ
    replied
    Originally posted by ak-
    Arm rest? I hate that damn armrest. It gets in the way of shifting and I feel awkward putting my arm on it. Like I can't find a right spot. So then I just lean like a cholo.
    I can't stand it being there when I'm shifting, yet I don't know what I'd do without it when I'm cruising on the freeway. That said, it's almost as if it was made for automatic cars only.

    E36 interiors were seemingly designed by circus chimps.....albeit somewhat aesthetically tasteful circus chimps. :p I love the modern feel, but does a door panel seriously need to be like a cheap 20-piece puzzle (all hot-glued together, no less...)?

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    If the e36 is huge, then an STi must be a boat.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by billyy2288
    I also think so.
    And as a spammer, we don't care what you say :p bye bye.

    Leave a comment:


  • billyy2288
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    You think an e36 is huge :rofl:
    I also think so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Need4Speed1299
    replied
    Maybe its just the earlier e36s.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    I bought a 1998 328is a couple of weeks ago and I have none of these problems. AC blows nice and cold, all of the seats are perfect, the interior doesnt make funny noises. The only issue with the interior is the glovebox sags a bit, which is easily fixed if i ever end up caring enough. Other than that I have a newer, nicer car than the E30 I had that is more powerful and comfortable.

    Leave a comment:


  • Need4Speed1299
    replied
    Im thinking of parting it out. If I keep the engine and trans, I may be able to break even in the long run.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30evolution
    replied
    I think you just need to go around the car and tighten some things up.... then maybe go around again and tighten some more things

    Leave a comment:


  • dannyyisntt
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    MONEY PITS all of them E36's are!

    Lol this man speaks the truth!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s50dan
    replied
    strip it and turn it into a track car....they make nice track rats

    Leave a comment:

Working...