Why I hate my e36, rant.
Collapse
X
-
I think you're getting those confused with the third world engineered unit ZF makes. My 4L30E on my m44 has lasted 230k miles. And I was just talking with m-technik-3 because he might of had a spare now that mine is making noise. But it still shifts perfect. I will just rebuild it and throw it back in. GM knows how to make an automatic. I can't see the 5L30E being that much different where it doesnt last as long as the 4L. Its probably BMWs shift program that wears on the tranny too much. In fact I'd rather have a GM 4l85e on a duramax LLY than the Allison.Lulz at the e36 rants, you bought a common car that needs work. I'd rather buy a e36 that needs work over e30, the e36 parts are a hell of lot easier to find online and locally (atleast here) and there easier to mod.....I've own 3 e36's and the later models in fact hold up better but it could be due to........AH AGE of the car! Everything your bitching about is the common wtf e36 problems. If you think e36's are piles wait to you buy a 120k plus e46; they make the e36 seem simple. e46's have shitty paint, shitty glue, shitty subframes, stupid electronics, and shitty gm built 5 speed autos that die at 95k miles.......Lesson today is ......BMW died after 1991.Leave a comment:
-
Lulz at the e36 rants, you bought a common car that needs work. I'd rather buy a e36 that needs work over e30, the e36 parts are a hell of lot easier to find online and locally (atleast here) and there easier to mod.....I've own 3 e36's and the later models in fact hold up better but it could be due to........AH AGE of the car! Everything your bitching about is the common wtf e36 problems. If you think e36's are piles wait to you buy a 120k plus e46; they make the e36 seem simple. e46's have shitty paint, shitty glue, shitty subframes, stupid electronics, and shitty gm built 5 speed autos that die at 95k miles.......Lesson today is ......BMW died after 1991.Leave a comment:
-
I can't stand it being there when I'm shifting, yet I don't know what I'd do without it when I'm cruising on the freeway. That said, it's almost as if it was made for automatic cars only.
E36 interiors were seemingly designed by circus chimps.....albeit somewhat aesthetically tasteful circus chimps. :p I love the modern feel, but does a door panel seriously need to be like a cheap 20-piece puzzle (all hot-glued together, no less...)?Leave a comment:
-
-
-
I bought a 1998 328is a couple of weeks ago and I have none of these problems. AC blows nice and cold, all of the seats are perfect, the interior doesnt make funny noises. The only issue with the interior is the glovebox sags a bit, which is easily fixed if i ever end up caring enough. Other than that I have a newer, nicer car than the E30 I had that is more powerful and comfortable.Leave a comment:
-
Im thinking of parting it out. If I keep the engine and trans, I may be able to break even in the long run.Leave a comment:
-
I think you just need to go around the car and tighten some things up.... then maybe go around again and tighten some more thingsLeave a comment:
-
-
strip it and turn it into a track car....they make nice track ratsLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: