No announcement yet.

over-paying for a car you really want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd ALWAYS wanted an e30 since I was a little kid, found mine was on the lot (import yard from japan) for $8500. Didn't pay that but swapped my Toyota Hilux 4x4. Worth every cent, I have my dream car =D
    Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

Yeah, we've all seen some ridiculously priced cars but so what? if someone wants it bad enough, they'll buy it. Better to start with a high price, than a low one as a seller. Besides you might just find someone who has been looking for a long time for exactly what you have.

Also, did the OP say it was to be a track car? Not everyone wants to build a track car.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I cant see my self every paing 4k for a 318i... Shit i just bought a clean Vert for lol 1000. Can I sell it for 3.5k? It will poop on a 318i in a straight line

Comment

Would not be using it for a track car, just a daily. Thanks to all for your input. After a lot of thought, I'm going to wait and look for a pre-swapped slicktop coupe. Too hard to try to sell a sedan when I'm bored with it, even if it's nice.
          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

*shrug* Really, the difference between paying $2k for an E30 and $4k is negligible. Sight unseen is an issue, though. You're going to have to go over it carefully when you get there.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Working...