No announcement yet.

VW to BMW... a step up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW is German GM to me, cheap parts, a lot of interchangeability and shitty reliability.

BUTTTTTT going from a mkIII or newer down to an e30 is not a step up; I love the e30 but a more modern car regardless of make is not a step down from a e30 from a basic transportation stand point in the mind of most drivers.
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

lets put it this way, vw is like a honda and bmw is like a nissan.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
        Put in a better way. A way that makes sense. Hondas are super reliable, VW's have never been.
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

How, Honda makes reliable vehicles that have gotten so stale but are very reliable while remaining a small company; VW makes unreliable cars that used to have cool designs but have gotten stale while trying to become the next toyota. Nissan/bmw seriously? When BMW starts using CVT transmissions that are made at the same plant as Chrysler then I can totally see it.
          1985 BMW 325e
          1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
            Put in a better way. A way that makes sense. Hondas are super reliable, VW's have never been.

is not the about reliability. gti=civic, e30=240 its just in euro not jdm..lol..
            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

mr. vang. lol.

Comment

is not the about reliability. Gti=civic, e30=240 its just in euro not jdm..lol..
                wtf?
                1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Anybody who drove a VW would easily understand that even a 25 year old BMW is a step up... Period. The VR6 jetta used to be sold as an e36 contender. Just as a BMW, only cheaper. Yeah. Sure. The VR6 has some go, down the revs, but the car has no handling at all. Another POS.
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

VW = Fun to look at
                      BMW = Fun to drive

but for real. I gave my friend with a dialed and stanced VW that he has 5 times as much time and money into it then my car, but one little sideways and some turns and he hated his car.

Comment

i kind of want to own a mk1 someday, but not to drive. ill just take out the suspension and let it sit in my driveway, pan on the ground.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                        ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                        Originally posted by JakeP
                        with a coathanger

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                          I gave my friend with a dialed and stanced VW that he has 5 times as much time and money into it then my car
                          wut
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

I used to be a VW nut, and I'm still a fan. In my opinion, the original Beetle is the most unique car of all time. I was searching for a MkII Scirocco for a year when something in my head just snapped, and I switched my search to an e30. In less than a month, I had my car.

My e30 is the most reliable car I've ever had. Never breaks down, always starts, looks and sounds great, and all the eletricals work. I wouldn't have been able to get the same level of reliability from a Scirocco.

My mom had a scirocco when I was a kid. I remember riding in the back seat one night when it was pooring rain, and suddenly the wipers stopped working. Back then this car was only a few years old.

VW has made some great classics, but lately they've gone downhill and gotten pretty generic. The new Golf/GTI's are nice, but I just saw the 2011 Jetta on the road yesterday and it's the most boring looking car I've ever seen. Seriously. A Corolla would kick it's ass. and that's sad.
                            '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
                            current:
                            '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
                            '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

My first can I bought was a 1991 vw Cabriolet (hence my user name) I had more fun driving and abusing that car that I've ever had in my bmw. sure it was slower and less power. If you get a Wolfsburg edition like mine, not one made in Mexico, it has 4 wheel independent suspension. It was MK1.5(yes pain in the ass to get parts for). But ya I could off road it while playing airsoft and i didn’t give a crap, I would drift it in the windy hills and go nuts in the snow. My current bmw is so low I can put chains on it, fells heavy as crap in the windy hills and can only be on smooth pavement. so it may be freaking awesome to look and but i miss my cabby a lot. Sold it because everyone called me gay for owning it.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Okay...here is my take in it. 87 GTi 8v 1.8L was awesome in the corners, and felt more go-kart'ish. The engine was actually a little more high strung so it was a bit quicker as well. 85 318i has been a lot of fun to drive despite being more gutless, but hell, if I wanted speed I would buy another bike. Both engines are right about tank status, and both earn the same grade in power...at F+, but I think the BMW is a bit nicer to DD than the GTi. Just my 2 cents with comparable 1980's base model Euro's
                                85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Working...
                                X