Everything Stolen - need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems pretty fishy to me.

Either one could have something to do with it. Or both.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
    2008 VW Rabbit
    1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Sounds like the owner is putting a lot of heat on the previous renter and trying really hard to pre-prove his innocense.

Best wishes man, this sometimes feels like it saps the soul out of ya. Good luck and hope you find the bastard.
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Burn the owners fucking house down.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Who steals another man's project... while it's still in project status?!?!

braaaaaaaaaghghgha i would be raging so hard

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
            Burn the owners fucking house down.
            This
            Originally posted by Jafxod
            Fuck, I need to find me a girl friend for this winter to nestle my penis inside and keep it warm.

Comment

Is the owner a car guy? does he own any other properties/garages? I would casually ask the owner if he has any other places you could rent because you dont feel safe in the neighborhood or something... if he does have any other properties i would definitely check them out.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
              Sounds like you need a massage.
              Originally posted by kpeng
              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I don't know what I would do in the situation, but right now my thoughts are holding the handyman against his will. Forcing him to talk, not really a good idea but if you gotta be your own detective you gotta crack down. It's only 2 people so it's a 50/50 chance.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                  Dave, might i suggest putting up some WTB posts on your local craiglists for some of the less obvious parts/tools that the thief wouldn't feel exposed selling?
                  This is a pretty good idea.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Are there any used car parts sellers or junk yards you can check for your parts? If I was this guy I would not try and sell these parts my self. I would sell them to some one ells who would sell them for me.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

yeah... i would stalk the handy man... who told you he was a handy man? the owner? or him?

Comment

Firstly, the worst thing you can do here is make a criminal out of yourself by assulting the landlord or the handyman.

Having said that, I know you realize that most of the chest thumping comments posted are not meant seriously. At least I hope.

Sounds like you might have some good leads, but that is all they are without proof. Assumptions have led many a person to making the wrong judgments. Have you seen any posts for any of your stuff for sale on the forums, ebay or ... etc. Talked to anyone possible witnesses or shopped any pawn shops or auto mechs in the immediate area?

The suggestion above to post WTB threads is a good idea. I'd do that. PM me a list of the valuable, sellable items stolen. Ill help you out.

Since you have some idea who MIGHT be involved, search warrants are indicated and the appro. course of action but you have to establish some cause. Any way to connect the landlord or handyman?

M
                        sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

I vote water torture.

I inadvertently fell asleep in the tub one drunken evening, only to wake up to a steady drip of water onto my face. In the panic of trying to figure out how/where/and why I was where I was I nearly had a heartattack, but I told them everything they wanted to hear and then some.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                          2008 VW Rabbit
                          1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Ever since this whole thing has happened, I've been offered a ton of very generous donations - whether it be parts, money, or tools.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't really feel comfortable accepting hand outs.

I'd still like to show that I'm grateful for all the support, and could use some extra cash to buy back some of the tools that were stolen. Especially the ones that weren't mine.

So here's my proposition - A donation account and some very appropriate decals that I designed a while ago and never followed through with.

Click the image for more info:

Thanks again for all the support guys.

Comment

got to follow around the handyman. Just take a peek. I would lay money he will lead you to them. good luck buddy

Comment

This reminds me of a situation with my buddy of mine on the rx7 forum. His 3rd gen burned to the ground by accident, really shitty situation for him. The rx7 community sent him money and parts to help rebuild his car. He was able to put his car back together thanks to the donations and volunteers who helped him wrench, a true story of car enthusiast camaraderie. I feel as though you are part of a great community of E30 people that has offered to help you and i for one will be glad to buy one of your stickers. Shitty situation man hope everything works out for you and find the idiots who did this, they really are pieces of shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X