I need a car under 3k, what do I need to know about 535i

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kovs
    replied
    Originally posted by graphikg
    Ya, The Corrado is actually pretty nice. Whatever could be the problem with that e28? Fuel issue? Injectors maybe? I bet its not even that big a deal
    I can almost guarantee it's the fuel pump relay or main relay or both. The last E28 535i I looked at wasn't running and swapping in a main relay fixed the mysterious "no run" condition.

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Going off the e28 guys way of advertising, he's a real moron. Those lights and wipers over 800 dollars? Lol, I don't think he could put a spark plug in yet fully restore a car.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Dresden87
    I contacted the guy, but it light of knowing he's a guy that knows how to restore cars and can't fix this one, I'm not going to touch it.

    "yes we still have the BMW... its in assaria ks in a garage..."
    That things is dripping BMW goodness. Looks to be old school BBS' on there too.

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    I'd trade my 90 325i for that e28 and another 524td. I want to turbo a m30 and not have to worry about smog etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    restoring cars doesnt necessarily mean getting them to run.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dresden87
    replied
    I contacted the guy, but it light of knowing he's a guy that knows how to restore cars and can't fix this one, I'm not going to touch it.

    "yes we still have the BMW... its in assaria ks in a garage..."

    Leave a comment:


  • e30fish
    replied
    if you get on mye28.com they've been talking about it for a while now. seems the car has changed hands a couple of times since october

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    WTF! that has to be a mistake or a scam on the e28.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    omg, if that e28 were within 400 miles of me i would buy it.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30fish
    replied
    i was thinking the same thing, its probably the last thing the guy would have replaced to get it running. cool if it was just a MAF or some cam sensor or crank position sensor

    Leave a comment:


  • graphikg
    replied
    Ya, The Corrado is actually pretty nice. Whatever could be the problem with that e28? Fuel issue? Injectors maybe? I bet its not even that big a deal

    Leave a comment:


  • e30fish
    replied
    Originally posted by accident
    i would rock the shit out of that corrado.

    I would drive that sucker...im sure wheels would do alot for looks and help the color

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    i would rock the shit out of that corrado.

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    How is $2600 high for an e34 535i?

    I also highly doubt that the e28 would cost thousands to get running again, do you have any mechanical skills at all? A non running car like that would be easy to barter a cheap price on.

    Your choice really, if you want something that runs or a deal that you have to spend some time on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    How is $2600 high for an e34 535i?

    I also highly doubt that the e28 would cost thousands to get running again, do you have any mechanical skills at all? A non running car like that would be easy to barter a cheap price on.

    Your choice really, if you want something that runs or a deal that you have to spend some time on.

    Leave a comment:

Working...