Bunch of e questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EtaSport
    The flywheel to find is a single mass from a pre 86 build date eta. Some of you may already have one. All others have a dual mass around 28~ lbs. The single is under 14 or so. You can have this lightened as well. The only thing is that you need to have the proper clutch from a pre 86 as well (throw out bearing, pressure plate). From what I hear it is well worth it.
    Get out of here, my 85 has a lighter flywheel? I've never heard of this!

Comment

Originally posted by pogiboy9
      is his hp really 190?..... just with the chip?.... wow hmmm btw, which performance fly wheel do you guys recommend if anyone has replaced it? ... and how about clutch ?....

Basically building my Eta into a sleepr....really hard right now after i focused all my money onto my business.
      No, you don't get 190hp just putting a chip on an eta, nor on an i.

Single mass flywheels are around 20lbs.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

yeah thats what i figured, won't the numbers be more like....121 to around 140hp or so, and like +15lb on torque ? or less

How much do the single mass flywheels usually run for
        http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
          The flywheel to find is a single mass from a pre 86 build date eta. Some of you may already have one. All others have a dual mass around 28~ lbs. The single is under 14 or so. You can have this lightened as well. The only thing is that you need to have the proper clutch from a pre 86 as well (throw out bearing, pressure plate). From what I hear it is well worth it.
          Could be, check the build date. What rear do you have in now? Sports (and others) got a 2.93 to help make up 0-60 times, but early etas even with a 2.73 are close to a second quicker 0-60. (found these stats on Fred's site).
          Old and improved:

Comment

Could be, check the build date. What rear do you have in now? Sports (and others) got a 2.93 to help make up 0-60 times, but early etas even with a 2.73 are close to a second quicker 0-60. (found these stats on Fred's site).
            Really? Where?

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
            '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
            Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
              Isn't it a 2.79 and a 2.93? My ES has a 2.93 LSD, but I bought a 3.25 LSD, that's going in in a couple weeks.

Comment

I have an 86 VDO ES cluster and an 87+ IS VDO Euro cluster. Can I take the tach and speedo out of the euro cluster and put it in my ES cluster? Is that all I need to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                  Really? Where?
                  ROFL
                  http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

AFAIK that the gauge swaps should be a direct bolt-in. Also, the early diffs are 2.79 like you said, EtaSport just made a typo in his response.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                    '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                    Strictly Eta

Comment

AFAIK that the gauge swaps should be a direct bolt-in. Also, the early diffs are 2.79 like you said, EtaSport just made a typo in his response.
                      Nice :) :patsonback: I remembered something lol.

I'll give it a try and let you all know - not like it's that hard to do, I can always reverse it lol.

Any ideas on marking a redline? I don't want anyone else driving my car and trying to rev to the i redline (which is what?) Whats the Super ETA tach redline?

Comment

Also, the early diffs are 2.79 like you said, EtaSport just made a typo in his response.
                        yep.. thats it.. im going to look through those articles and see if i can find those stats.

edit- heres some interesting stats.

not quite as much, looks like 8.4 (0-60) for the 84e and 9.0 for the 86es. Could be a mere weight difference as the 84 was lighter than the es.
                        Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                        X