Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Security

Guys, what do you do for E30 security?

do you pull ignition relays?, use the Club or some sort of steering wheel lock, Ignition kills?

I need clever ideas. In all my other cars, I usually use a aftermarket steering wheel with a removable hub and locking hub reciever but I want to know what some other people are doing to protect thier beloved E30s.
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

+1
    feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

LSD on the door handles and tacks on the seats.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
      2008 VW Rabbit
      1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

I tie up this angry lion that hasn't been fed to my tow hitch!
        Originally posted by TimKninja
        Racelands are cheap shit.
        Originally posted by whodwho
        So are r3v members
        Originally posted by Cabriolet
        dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

search on bfc, theres a guy who did a tutorial on how to do a push button start with the cig lighter, im planning on doing this until I can afford a decent alarm. Its inconspicuous and unless you know, you're not going to try and push in the lighter while starting the car
          http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
          http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
          Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
          I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

do people really steal E30s?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 1mz View Post
              search on bfc, theres a guy who did a tutorial on how to do a push button start with the cig lighter, im planning on doing this until I can afford a decent alarm. Its inconspicuous and unless you know, you're not going to try and push in the lighter while starting the car
              those are easy, I did one in my e36 (40 min job). You have to have the key in the ignition in order for the car to start. I think the OP is speaking along the levels of a battery kill switch.
              feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                do people really steal E30s?
                yep
                sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Easiest would be a stealth switch disabling the ignition. All you would have to do is run a few wires around after tracing the wiring out from under the drivers side of the dash.

nando, there has been at least 1 E30 stolen in the last month.

Comment

My deterrent is the ugly.
                    sigpic
                    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

cougar in the passenger seat.

Comment

basic alarm and the OBC code function.

Comment

Remote start/keyless entry/alarm combo is going to be easy to install and you can do it yourself for about $150...if any of you weenies actually get on board!

I did the "Manual Safe Remote Start" in James Crivellones E28. He is loving it! We will do a video soon, show you guys how it is done.

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                            Remote start/keyless entry/alarm combo is going to be easy to install and you can do it yourself for about $150...if any of you weenies actually get on board!

I did the "Manual Safe Remote Start" in James Crivellones E28. He is loving it! We will do a video soon, show you guys how it is done.
                            In for 1

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

i want to know more about this
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X