No announcement yet.

POLL: Do you own a soldering iron.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got 2. one that goes up to 100 or 150 and another thats 150 and 400. i like them
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I think at last count I had 7. One gun, 5 cheaper ones, and one with a station, up to 900 degrees. I like that one the most. I use them all the time; used to be big into 1/10th scale RC, and then went through a phase of buying broken ipods and then re-selling them. Not to mention that I hate crimp connectors, so whenever I do anything on the car, it either needs a plug of some sort or a shrink-wrapped solder joint. And I built my megasquirt, so I'd say I'm fairly proficient, heh.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I have a crappy one from Radio shack and need to upgrade to a decent model. What's a good budget iron for someone who seldom solders?

Comment

there's nothing really wrong with the 30w radioshack iron for occasional use. just keep the tip tinned and it does the job just fine.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Solder irons are a definate MUST if you dont want friends or paying people doing your electrical shit. I think its fun soldering

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
            Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
            I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

I use an older Hakko 931 station

Also, I have a Weller/Portasol PSI100 for the portable
              [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

I have 2 that ive never maintained and they work like shit and barely do anything. Kind want a soldering gun, I hate having to wait for these things to heat up.

Comment

Not very proficient but I can fix a wiring problem or two with my cheapass AutoZone model.
                  sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Yes, but still learning

Comment

I have several, and used to be really good when I built robots. I could probably solder pretty well now though.

Comment

yes yes yo! At work and at home!
                        1991 325i coupe
                        1992 318i conv
                        2002 540i sedan
                        sigpic

What did the e30 owner say to the other e30 owner? LOOKING GOOD!

Comment

I highly recommend this one for heavier stuff:

Smaller stuff I use a 15watt Radio Shack iron. I also have a butane micro torch with soldering tip for portable work. I'd love to have a digital temperature controlled one though, but those are $$$.

Comment

I have a handful. Not that I use them much though.
                            -tim
                            Originally posted by Jordan
                            I like the stance
                            -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

I've got two Radio Shack butane specials and some POS electric one lying around somewhere, but I'll use one of the Wellers we have at work if I need to do anything serious. I work with a bunch of electrical engineering grad students, but apparently I'm the only one who can lay out a circuit and solder.

Comment

I got a pos one right now, but i am getting myself a new weller for xmas. yay me!
                                CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

Working...
                                X