Engine Oil - German Castrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    0wxxx is good for the more modern Higher tolerance engines and the oil pumps designed for it. The m20 is designed around the 20/50 weights, so 1) I just stuck with it, and if you want the diesel grades in 15/40 I would not be scared of either

Originally posted by e30 335i View Post
    hey 5toes i work at an oil manufacturing company and i defiantly wouldnt be running any diesel oils in a 20 year old motor. Diesel oils contain various additives for soot and other cleaning properties that will cause internal internal cleaning equaling oil leaks.

Be careful what you read with marketing rubbish from oil companys. Also the word synthetic is a very bastardized word just thrown around in the industry.
    API- CJ-4 meets all the requirements for the all the Gas API standards, there is no reason to not run it in a gas engine. The anit soot and high tension formulation (for high boots high compression engines) has nothing but beneficial properties for the modern EGR engines
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that too. Cleaner engines are better anyhow, and oil leeks just mean bad gaskets.

Hmm I would be interested to see how a 5W40 or 5W50 synthetic would run in the m20

Comment

Working...
      X