Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any photos from 'back in the day'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any photos from 'back in the day'?

I was watching the movie 'Defending Your Life' and the main character buys a brand new E30 from the BMW dealer. Obviously, this is an old 80's movie. You can just see an alpine M3 in the reflection on the window behind him in one scene. Does anyone have or know of any photos of E30's when they were still new on the dealer lots? I'd like to see a row of shiny new E30's sitting in front of a roundel. It might also be interesting to see family photos people may have taken when they first purchased their brand new E30's.

Archie. He put up a ton of awesome pics a while ago.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I always thought it would be awesome to see a BMW dealer with E30s, E28s, and E24s lined up with an M3, M5, and M6 in the showroom. Must have been sweet.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
        I always thought it would be awesome to see a BMW dealer with E30s, E28s, and E24s lined up with an M3, M5, and M6 in the showroom. Must have been sweet.

Speaking as an old fart, yeah- it was pretty cool, but the cars were REALLY pricey and no way could I have afforded one. It was fun to look and drool.

I remember stopping at the local BMW/Porsche dealer sometime around 1988-89 or so and looking at the cars. The had a 911 with the "turbo" slantnose body on it at the front of the showroom. I remember being amazed that the slantnose body "option" was like $12k or something ridiculous.

My first E30, an '87 325is, came with the original window sticker and it was something like $30k. I bought it for $1500 with a broken t-belt and ~225k miles on it, and I thought I got a good deal.

Comment

OK - I went through all of Archie's posts until Nov. 24th 2010 and didn't find anything. The site wouldn't allow me to go back any farther, I got an error message beyond that. Do you remember the post title?

Comment

sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
            "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

We bought my Mom's/my 90 cabrio new. was 33k or so. Beverly Hills BMW had everything you can imagine, it was awesome.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Last edited by Rathbone; 01-22-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

The scene - for those with the patience to watch a few minutes of the movie. It doesn't look right but it is, give it a moment to start.

Last edited by Rathbone; 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

we ordered our cabrio from Leith BMW/Porsche in Raleigh and picked it up on March 31, 1987. I remember when we drove it out of the showroom! I have the sticker somewhere, think it was 31k. Had two e28's next to it in the showroom.
                    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

it woulda been pretty baller to be around back in the day when the gods graced us with the e30's presence, but being the same age as my car is pretty badass too. makes me and my cars best buds. WE'RE BUDDIES!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXQxieQSvs
                      1992 BMW 325iC <3

Comment

Just seeing this post.

Yes,it was awesome to see theses cars new on the dealer lot.Back then my brother bought a new 84 318,I got a new 86 325es and my mom then bought a new 91 535i.
                        My friend had a new 88 M3 at also. My buddy and I would practically live at Crevier BMW in Santa ana,Cal cuz the service writers were so cool with us.
                        When I bought my 325es it was at Crevier's old location before they moved. I remember walking their back lot going through all the dirty e30s til I found the es I wanted. Honest it was like picking out a Christmas Tree. lol
                        88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                        89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                        56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                        www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

This takes me back...

...to when I was watching "Back to the Future."

Comment

Working...
                          X