This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 535/745 Turbo Wreck

It was sugested to me to post this today. With the help of a fellow poster some better pics will arrive soon. So, i end up with this car with 130K on it, $3000. It didn't seem to run right. First problem, a new vacum hose someone at the dealer installed was cracked on the bottom, i replaced it. She started to run a little better but just didn't seem to have the right exaust comming out the back. Second problem, plugged up exaust, removed the muffler and cat. This was a grey market car, $80,000 new in 1985, 1,000 made, the exaust was installed here in USA, Autobaun cruzer!!!! Well next was the test, will it go 150 MPH as claimed, YES SIR!!!! As i was "driving the speed limit" at night, something caught my eye, i swerved, tried to recover and hit the crush barrier with just the drivers headlight area, spun arround and hit the wall. I was told later this cars windshield rubber was designed to send the windshied away from the car, it did just that. In the front pic you can see the windshied drapped over the pass. side of the hood. One of the fireman said he had been at this exact barrier for a few wrecks and he could not believe at all walking to the wreck i was going to be alive. I was not knocked out, 2 broken ankles, crushed knee cap, and most of the firemen and cops said the car saved my life. The noggin not working quite right yet so please excuse my slips and apparent insanity.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TimR; 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM.

Holy shit, do you have some bigger pictures?
    Glad you're okay, that's pretty gnarly.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Dang man, first in to say glad your ok...

BMW wins again!!
      Last edited by txtorquemade; 02-15-2011, 09:56 PM. Reason: damn .. you beat me
      sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

lol you must have had your brain scambled a bit seeing as how you don't know what kind of car you were driving. That's an e23 *7*45i.
        '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
        '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

glad to hear you pulled through. sorry about the car though.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Whoever suggested you post here probably doesn't like you.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Well let's get this started

You are a fucking moron. Never buy a BMW again.

Comment

Nice thumbnails /sarcasm.
                Winner winner chicken dinner?

My Seller Feedback Thread

Comment

How is your misbehavior any more admirable than this:
                  sigpic
                  Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

Shit...is that on 25 near Castle Rock? Glad you're ok but that is brutal...
                    Last edited by lambo; 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Moron?? You need to go to suspension thread and see da troll. No i had the car a week, yes, 85 535 turbo, on the title, check the web. I believe i got ya trumped with a PDW vs your big bad pistolie! NB. 470/I 70 EXIT THE INTERSECTION THAT CHANGES EVERY YEAR. REMEMBER THE ONE WHERE THEY DIDN'T ATTACH THE BRIGE GIRTER RIGHT AND IT FELL ON I 70 KILLED ONE FAMILY. OH YEA, I'M STILL HERE!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
                        Moron?? You need to go to suspension thread and see da troll. No i had the car a week, yes, 85 535 turbo, on the title, check the web. I believe i got ya trumped with a PDW vs your big bad pistolie! NB. 470/I 70 EXIT THE INTERSECTION THAT CHANGES EVERY YEAR. REMEMBER THE ONE WHERE THEY DIDN'T ATTACH THE BRIGE GIRTER RIGHT AND IT FELL ON I 70 KILLED ONE FAMILY. OH YEA, I'M STILL HERE!!

Will the suspension thread explain how "driving the speed limit" means driving the speed limit? I don't want to waste my time reading it otherwise. From what I've seen so far, I'm inclined to hope you are never allowed to drive again. Maybe you could explain?
                        sigpic
                        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

so you get a 26 year old car that doesn't run worth a shit.....and everything is shot to hell. But you figured it was fine to do 150 in?!?!?!? ummmm

It's what rednecks call "hey, watch this'....You are lucky to be alive genius...
                          '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

You boys are real good at kicking a guy when he is down, i thought some of da posts in suspension were great comebacks!!!!!! This is the main reason people hate americans, too many @#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*()

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
                              You boys are real good at kicking a guy when he is down, i thought some of da posts in suspension were great comebacks!!!!!! This is the main reason people hate americans, too many @#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*()
                              lol, all the good comebacks in that thread weren't yours. Let me guess, EN318isPDX is the one who suggested you post this abortion?
                              sigpic
                              Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X