Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read in a thread that you cant "rev" a e30 automatic or it will ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    my auto tranny holds up to tons of abuse, I rev it up every now and then and spin donuts once a week. Maybe when the PO did the shift kit he also fixed the issue.
    cool story, ricer.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Lost my Auto trans about 7 hours from home in the middle of nowhere (4 hours outside Rockhampton, Australia) No forward, reverse, nothing. Engaged once for about 5 mins, enough to blast to a truckstop.
      4 hours for the tow truck + 2 day motel stay + 13 hour coach ride home. $2300 trans rebuild and all good!

The hole in my heart after stumbling upon r3v and 5 speed swap advice remains...If only I knew..
      Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
      I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        I still cannot grasp

A. How auto transmissions work
        B. How a guy invented the damn things
        Yea dude same here. They look completely different inside than a manual AND I dont get how it knows to downshift when you're going slow and you nail it to throttle plate is at 50% verses when you're going fast and its naturally at 50% and it stays in od
        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

just curious, how would you know if your clutch pack is bad?
          say the car vibrates alot at stop lights in D, but i put it in N and nothing?(automatic)

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
            cool story, ricer.
            Math that Doogh

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
              say the car vibrates alot at stop lights in D, but i put it in N and nothing?(automatic)
              dont think this has anything to with transmission.

I think this is what happned to my auto trans. I heard a click while driving (on the gas) and have no gears at all. already starting a 5 spd swap.

Comment

Damn. Guess I better stop revving up at the stop lights next to the Hondas huh?
                sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

You probably need new tranny/motor mounts

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                  Damn. Guess I better stop revving up at the stop lights next to the Hondas huh?
                  yes... you shouldn't be doing that regardless of the auto lol, it's a honda.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    That's old news. It became a problem mostly at smog checks where they would just have the car stationary and rev up the engine for a few minutes. BMW even put out a bulletin about it I believe. Just another reason to get rid of the autotragic in these cars.
                    Yes sir! And that's why I did.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      I still cannot grasp

A. How auto transmissions work
                      B. How a guy invented the damn things
                      C. Why anyone would want such a cursed lump of shit in their e30

Comment

Truth is I dont mind a auto for my daily driver. But yeah, this one sort of sucks.
                        sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

i can't find the 5sp swap thread.
                          buddy told me i should just sell this car, go buy a e30 with a 5sp, but i'm sorta getting attatched to this one! its my first!

could someone link to me to the 5sp swap thread please. thanks.

Comment

could someone link to me to the 5sp swap thread please. thanks.
                            Search! It is like Easter egg hunts but not =)

(Non-related to quote)
                            If it has a pussomatic I believe the best way to fix it is to swap in a MANuel.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

So how do you do a Smog check in an Automatic E30, without killing your tranny???

Comment

They have a rolling dyno now/well for awhile now for doing smogs. When a tranny is going to start taking a shit is when it wont shift for while when cold untill it warms up(which i am going through at the moment) and or it will slip when changing gears. Give me your unwanted semiautomatic transmission parts !!!! I have owned my car now with an auto for 10 years now. Its a daily/track car and dont plan on changing it.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X