Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think?

Hey guys my name is Matt,

I have owned many enthusiast cars in the past such as a 240sx Zenki, 300zx, convertible rx7, and a few trucks here and there.

Anyway I'm looking to get into the E30 world and have been browsing as much as possible on information about common problems, what to look for, etc.

It looks like I have found a car and am going to pick it up this afternoon but I really dont know what to think so I figured I would ask the guys that know best if this is a good deal and to give me a little background on what this car is about.

I couldnt really figure out if the M20B23 was stock in this car or swapped, are those truly Euro parts? Im paying $2300 for the car, is this a good deal? Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks for all help in advance.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat at $2300. Replace the rear diving board with the original euro bumper, do the usual drop with wheels and you've got a pretty clean e30 in a very rare color. I would question the interior though as it doesn't look like houndstooth in the one picture.

Comment

check and make sure the rust isn't that bad because its usually worse once you start digging into it but other then that it looks real nice
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

are you sure thats a euro? It looks like it just had the front bumper/valence swapped. I didnt think euros had sealed beams. I thought they also had lights on the front fenders just behind the wheel wells. But it does look like their isnt rear third break light and i think i saw a two button fog switch.

Just make sure you know what it really is before you jump. The seller probably has no idea what it is.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Nice! Looks like good deal to me. Id look out for some rust as well. Now, go get it and post better pix. :up:

COTM

Comment

Agreed with all points mentioned above. If that's really a Euro with houndstooth interior in decent condition, that's a good price. I would pay $1K alone just for the CR dogleg box.
            Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
            86 944 Turbo
            87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
            89 405 Mi16
            89 Milano Verde
            89 Mondial t Coupe
            92 300D

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and please keep it coming as I am new to the Beemer world, What exactly is the houndstooth interior everyone keeps talking about?

As far as rust goes he says there are only two small spots and swears it is just surface rust so we'll see.

As far as it being Euro or not and to look into it before purchase, like I said I'm new to this and not sure if I could distinguish the difference. I guess I'll look up some info on euro only cars and see if I can tell, I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a bumper replacement.
              **UPDATE**** He just sent me more pics and it is confirmed to be Euro spec, there is an aluminum plate with the company that imported it and date etc.

I also talked to a few guys around here that have and sold their E30's and they all said to hold off and look for a newer 325 as it comes with more options/better suspension, and quote "around 40 more hp" if im not mistaken the newer ones only had about 10-15 more hp % tq and still came with SOHC correct?

Comment

Too late, I just went and bought it! haha I kid I kid....big following of e30's in Atlanta. Welcome to the addiction

Originally posted by Roysneon
                $5 shipped?
                Originally posted by MarkD
                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

I think i've seen that car on here before.... It was a few years back though

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Found it!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=100456

And people say the search is no good... ;)

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Well that makes me nervous and in light of that thread, what do you think?

Comment

Well guys, I walked from it. It just wasnt in the shape i expected and after reading that thread it made me a little nervous, the motor pulled really strong and that tranny was freaking awesome however it smoked at start-up, idled kinda funny when cold and had various body parts of other models. Maybe a good deal for someone that had a parts car and wanted that motor but I guess I needed it cheaper or a bit better condition than that.

If anyone is looking to sell theirs in the atlanta area, let me know!

Comment

Working...
                        X