No announcement yet.

So I designed a zero lag turbo charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as soon as i have the turbo ready to be sold im probably going to give turbonetics a license to manufacture and distribute the turbo and ill probably sell a few myself. ill let yall know whats going on as soon as i get more updates and find the right attorney. ps. i may need a test car ;)

Comment

:popcorn:

Comment

Originally posted by stknrvrs View Post
        just wait til i put together my engine that runs without an alternator
        you had me skeptical until this point.

now i just dont believe you. :up:
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          you had me skeptical until this point.

now i just dont believe you. :up:
          /agree

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Some of you guys are so damn critical... The guy has an idea. The idea has to be pattented and protected before you move into prototyping or else he risks someone stealing the idea and claiming it as his own. Once the legal stuff is handled and the design idea really is his property, then he can show everyone and potentially market it.

In for curiosity. Good Luck.

Comment

I believe he has an idea, which is good. It's the engineering behind the idea that I am skeptical of. Note skeptical, not making fun of/saying he is stupid, I am just curious.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

anyone wanna make a few bets on this one?????

Comment

this is going to be extremely interesting. :)

Sign me up for the first of the 24v set-ups - in fact, I'll go ahead and volunteer my m50 swap as a test bed if you need it :)
                  http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                  http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                  Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                  I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Pretty cool if you get it working, however...

IBTUSGFYHSYDAKY...oasdRt

(In Before The US Government Finds Your House, Steals Your Design, And Kills You...oh and shuts down R3v too)
                    1991 318iS
                    1992 911
                    2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
                    1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
                    1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

with the engine thing take an alternator apart. you have your coil winding, stator assembly, and the rectifier bridge. little more to it then that but those are the main functioning pieces. the way it works is the coil spinning inside of the stator assembly make ac voltage and the rectifier bridge converts it to dc voltage so the vehicle can use it. just the movement. put the coil inside of the piston and the stator around the cylinder. continuous movement which will make electricity. now there is more to it then that due to electrical interference and the thermodynamic properties of magnets and how they react with other metals but we have come up with a few designs to test and see how it runs and possibly perfect it. as for the turbo. place some bets lol. ill do my best to keep you all updated because i have this going on between class and work lol. sorry if i pulled out too much technical jargon but that was for the skeptics ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                        So how have you validated this turbo design? I assume you know flow in the turbine vs. Q out at the shaft? Have you manufactured it and done real world tests, or did you just make a model and run some flow models?

Comment

Belt driven turbo with an overriding clutch. Boom, there's your idea. I've been thinking of it for years.
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

what i have so far is a design. trust me when i say the flow tests arent necessary. it doesnt change how the turbo works or spools. its a very simple and basic idea and when i have the patents and legal junk ill tell you how it works then you will all be like ooohhhhhhhh lol

Comment

Came in for this, left satisfied.

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

I hope for your sake that you really do have something excellent up your sleeve. All I can say is that I know of a handful of people who have great ideas and engineering projects that are currently underway. The thing is, they are much too busy doing engineering analysis work to come posting about it on a forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X