X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in for the "ooohhhhhhhh"

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
      The thing is, they are much too busy doing engineering analysis work to come posting about it on a forum.
      Now, I have no idea if this guys project is going to work or not, but, I have to laugh at posts like this...like the 3 minutes per post he spends telling us about it means he's not serious, LOL.

On the flip side, I'm very skeptical, but not going to arrogantly discount him because of his forum posts...
      1991 318iS
      1992 911
      2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
      1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
      1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

This is armchair engineering at it's worst.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I call BS on the OP.

Your mom is going to be mad when you tell her you took the variator off of your Honda Ruckus to try and build some stupid turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by stknrvrs View Post
            what i have so far is a design. trust me when i say the flow tests arent necessary. it doesnt change how the turbo works or spools. its a very simple and basic idea and when i have the patents and legal junk ill tell you how it works then you will all be like ooohhhhhhhh lol

you know how i know your idea wont work?
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by stknrvrs View Post
              with the engine thing take an alternator apart. you have your coil winding, stator assembly, and the rectifier bridge. little more to it then that but those are the main functioning pieces. the way it works is the coil spinning inside of the stator assembly make ac voltage and the rectifier bridge converts it to dc voltage so the vehicle can use it. just the movement. put the coil inside of the piston and the stator around the cylinder. continuous movement which will make electricity. now there is more to it then that due to electrical interference and the thermodynamic properties of magnets and how they react with other metals but we have come up with a few designs to test and see how it runs and possibly perfect it. as for the turbo. place some bets lol. ill do my best to keep you all updated because i have this going on between class and work lol. sorry if i pulled out too much technical jargon but that was for the skeptics ;)

You are an 17 y/o future engineering student, arn't ya?

Comment

im honestly glad for the skeptics lol. it gives me more reason to prove more people wrong. and as for why im on here talking about it. i have the design ready. im working on finding a good attorney to help with everything. after that ill go into constructing the prototype. until then i have a fair bit of spare time and a portable laptop that can go anywhere. aka bored in class in the morning and responding to updates when i get home. but really though. who would be interested on picking this up? i need to find the best market to present to turbonetics. im thinking aftermarket will be the main piece. but i want to attempt to sell it to manufacturers too. big goals in mind but why aim low.

Comment

i actually just turned 23 and i attend universal technical institute. not exactly my best choice of schools but there is plenty of knowledge to be gained here once you learn to ignore the know it all honda kids and the fast and furious is real kids. beyond that its not a bad school.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk.

Comment

^^ lolz UTI is not a bad school. Here is what you learn from that school

how a micrometer works, how to dress in a shop LOLZ, how a automatic transmission works, and the BASICS of electrical. everything else is a MASSIVE waste of time and money.

Before you go off saying I don't know what I am talking about I graduated the Auto Fact program last spring had an offer from Porsche training, and another from STEP and turned them down to get my EE Degree.
                      sigpic

Comment

So now I have to replace my whole engine when the alternator breaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Car Addict View Post
                          how to dress in a shop LOLZ,
                          How do you dress in a shop?

Comment

actually no with the design we have it would simply slide out on the block and a replacement would slide in and lock into place. little more expensive i know but it would save gas mileage and engine wear simply by removing the drag on the belt an alternator creates and while doing so create more horsepower and would also relieve stress on the crankshaft by having less belts. at this point its simply an idea to try and see how it works. and i know UTI isnt that bad but you have to admit the other kids there (and i say that quite literally) are quite a mess to deal with. i decided to go because i may have known a good bit but there is always more to learn. i am always up for gaining more knowledge. plus im enrolled in diesel classes which has always been something i wanted to learn more about. not a terrible way to waste 2 years of my life lol

Comment

^that is a great question but according to UTI
                              -tucked in shirt with the shops name, or in the school the schools name on it.
                              -clean pants (I always questioned that since anytime i have ever worked in a shop you get dirty)
                              -black or brown boots
                              -and anytime you are in a shop environment safety glasses MUST be worn. even when diagnosing an electrical fault. LOLZ

As I said the school is a joke.
                              sigpic

Comment

they have rules for hair styles and piercings and everything now. its retarded. i was drunk one night and lost a bet and had to shave my head to look like an old bald guy and had to go to class and got kicked out for the day because of it. my ears are stretched to a half inch and i had to talk to an EM(principle type dude) to clear them because that is the limit but some teachers are dicks. which campus did you go to?

Comment

Working...
                                X